College basketball is about to be flipped on its head

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Commentators on SEC Network were saying how this fraud-thing ain't so bad. That only @ 30 teams involved out of 300 -- that's just 10% ?? But it's the top 10%. Is it how they stay on top? The case is that it's the very establishment of those rules that give the cheaters the opening for advantages over the rule obeyers.

If the FBI cavalry comes in to "catch-it", then it is bad, it is some kind of contractural fraud. ??

Last edited:

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Coaching 101: Always stay at least two people removed from the cheating. K's probably got about 5 layers between himself and the bag man, Miller's an idiot.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We all know the NCAA will try to sweep it under the rug, but with the FBI involved. Will that give it any more traction since the Feds are calling the shots?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coaching 101: Always stay at least two people removed from the cheating. K's probably got about 5 layers between himself and the bag man, Miller's an idiot.

Cheating 101?
Abide by the communal-rules , then maybe those top players get spread among other teams making competition better, the whole of college basketball better. Please, give those fans at Duke less to obnoxiate about.

Money offers adulterate recruiting. "Young man, why did you choose Duke? Kentucky?"..." 'cause money, man."
Boy, NCAA smashes down hard on gambling ... well how is this bribing talent for your team not an illegal attempt to "rig" the game? tampering for a ring?

Hey NCAA, get creative with scholly sanctions = don't restrict the # of scholarships but restrict those schools to
"no scholarships to any player taller than 6'7" for 6 years." Where's that excellent coaching, Cali & K?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well... Dookie has already come out and said they performed their own investigation into the matters and found "No Wrongdoing". Best guess, other schools say the same thing and it's a "He said, We said" situation.
Duke. :blahblah:

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
We all know the NCAA will try to sweep it under the rug, but with the FBI involved. Will that give it any more traction since the Feds are calling the shots?

My guess is the FBI will arrest a couple of agents and a few boosters/bagmen, but the NCAA will do little to nothing about any programs, players, or coaches. And they definitely won’t touch their precious Duke or NC.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Mr. Know-it-All:

LDR is upset nobody would pay a game manager.

rxclszjf6rnz.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Miller is doubling down while ESPN has adjusted its story. WTH. If that story isn't true then I hope Miller and Zona sue the living fudge out of Yahoo and ESPN. Aren't these things supposed to be verified? Disgusting if this isn't true.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
Miller is doubling down while ESPN has adjusted its story. WTH. If that story isn't true then I hope Miller and Zona sue the living fudge out of Yahoo and ESPN. Aren't these things supposed to be verified? Disgusting if this isn't true.

Welcome to 21st century journalism. Report and then verify.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to 21st century journalism. Report and then verify.

I'm not even sure if it's not true yet. If he's on that recording...burn em. If not, holy f...everyone needs to be held accountable. O'neals kid went to UCLA because of it...this isn't some trade rumor. This is a man's career and name.

He could be guilty though for all I know.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
#FakeNews.

Seriously, Miller does choose his words carefully in his statement.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
ESPN says they stand by the story... Best guess is the tape will never be released, school admins at Duke, Zona, etc. will look the other way, and the NCAA will punish SW Missouri State for giving a 2* recruit a pack of gum on his visit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think the NCAA fears the "Death Penalty" i.e. punishment drastically felt and on display. That's why I say use the subtle punishment of X# of years disallowing a school from giving scholarships to anybody taller than 6'7". Suffering needs to take place on the court, and on T.V. for coaches & agents to refrain from cheating. Extended embarrassment will work. Plus, honest teams will do better against those dishonest teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.