College Football’s Top 50 Fanbases

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
College Football’s Top 50 Fanbases

*Spoiler Alert* We come in the Top 10...just if you don’t want to click through...pretty interesting read and the top 10 is pretty straightforward...the rest is just filler and clickbait but right now (damn quarantine) it’s worth the read if you just like to see the traditions and small tidbits of histories.

Last edited:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
iu

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Clemson fans are as bad as UCF fans...but at least there’s some traditions there...they’re been around a long time but I honestly never saw many Clemson flags outside of SC until after they started winning...lot of band wagoners out there

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
USC at #8 completely........ and I mean completely invalidates this list. I've lived among so called USC fans for 30+ years. Absolutely no passion. Its completely a social activity for 99% of them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
USC at #8 completely........ and I mean completely invalidates this list. I've lived among so called USC fans for 30+ years. Absolutely no passion. Its completely a social activity for 99% of them.

Absolutely zero Southern California connection here, but I can’t imagine any list featuring them in their top 20-30.

And credit for even making it that far. I stopped in the 40s. I don’t mean to complain, but it already looked forced and seemed to be just throwing things at the wall. Plus if I have to see one more ad about emptying my bowels every morning, I may lose it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is it just me or does this sentence paint a pretty unpleasent picture?

Yeah I’d love to know who decided on that as their marketing pitch. I imagine he’s now “furloughed”.

And they’re everywhere, so I’m guessing they bought ad space from the Bloomberg campaign for pennies on the dollar.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017

I’m USC alum and you’re absolutely right. There’s about as much passion for women’s lacrosse as there is for football among the student body. That said, the impoverished locals who will never go to USC and generally can’t afford game tickets are fairly passionate. Not top ten passionate by any means. The part of their fan base that puts them in the top ten are the sportswriters and talking heads that are always waiting for their moment to come out and jump on the Trojan bandwagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator