College Football National Championship Game Thread

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I actually think the switch up is what won them the game. Obviously, his play ignited them. But I think 2.5 quarters of Hurt, then letting Tua have the reigns was the difference because uga just wasn’t ready for that and had become comfortable. Once the momentum started the other way, it was too late. Even making the switch before half would’ve given KS the break to retool things. It was brilliant. Possibly by chance, but brilliant nonetheless.

You're probably right buddy, but it's not as if they had a lot of film on the guy. They defended the TD pass to Ridley perfectly. Sometimes the dual threat guys just make a play even when everyone on D does their job. That play and the one where he slipped out of the sack and converted a long 3rd with a run are the plays of the game for me. It shouldn't have come down to the OT obviously.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I looked up the guy's bio. He's from (are you ready?) Quitman, Georgia. :bwahaha:

Let's rolllllll the tape.

tua_vision.0.gif

Look how well Tua looks off that safety before drilling that ball beautifully. QB play like that gives me a chubby. *sigh*

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I love dogs as much as I hate Dawgs. So glad to see them go from "We got to this! What happened???""

BigClawsBrother

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2017
As a Gator fan, it really turned me on to watch ugly not only lose, but to lose in this particular way. It was like I needed to call my doctor because I had an erection longer than 4 hours.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I actually think the switch up is what won them the game. Obviously, his play ignited them. But I think 2.5 quarters of Hurt, then letting Tua have the reigns was the difference because uga just wasn’t ready for that and had become comfortable. Once the momentum started the other way, it was too late. Even making the switch before half would’ve given KS the break to retool things. It was brilliant. Possibly by chance, but brilliant nonetheless.
Could be. Saban is the GOAT.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Greatest modern day coach. Period.

The call to switch from an 18–2 QB to a true freshman in the national championship game and then to come back and win it is all I need to know. He’s the GOAT.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The call to switch from an 18–2 QB to a true freshman in the national championship game and then to come back and win it is all I need to know. He’s the GOAT.

The fact it took him so long to figure out a) Hurts is a RB and b) Tua is a stud, and much better is head scratching

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact it took him so long to figure out a) Hurts is a RB and b) Tua is a stud, and much better is head scratching

I think he knew. But Hurts was winning and is a great kid. Once the opportunity presented itself he made the call. The only other coach who would have done that would have been Spurrier.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Buddy of mine text me at half and said Saban was gonna make a switch at QB. Had he not done that Bama loses IMO. Hurts needs to give some thought to switching to RB or WR, he's done as a QB at Bama IMO.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I think he knew. But Hurts was winning and is a great kid. Once the opportunity presented itself he made the call. The only other coach who would have done that would have been Spurrier.
This.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I knew it after watching their spring game. Dude was absolutely owning bama's first string D the entire time. And yet they roll with hurts all year. A kid who doesn't even know what "progression" means. And as meh as he was last year, he regressed significantly this year. Tua should have been starting by game 5 this past season.

Some can call Saban brilliant for inserting him at halftime of the natty. I call him a fool, despite everything he's done, for waiting that long to do so. If Tua had been playing in the regular season, they beat auburn, smoke jawja in the SEC title game and are the 1 seed heading into the playoff. Not to mention UGA never even gets in.

So to sum up, thanks Saban for allowing the dwags to get into the CFB Playoff. Ass.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I knew it after watching their spring game. Dude was absolutely owning bama's first string D the entire time. And yet they roll with hurts all year. A kid who doesn't even know what "progression" means. And as meh as he was last year, he regressed significantly this year. Tua should have been starting by game 5 this past season.

Some can call Saban brilliant for inserting him at halftime of the natty. I call him a fool, despite everything he's done, for waiting that long to do so. If Tua had been playing in the regular season, they beat auburn, smoke jawja in the SEC title game and are the 1 seed heading into the playoff. Not to mention UGA never even gets in.

So to sum up, thanks Saban for allowing the dwags to get into the CFB Playoff. Ass.

I think Lane made Hurts look better than he was...hate to say it...but...

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

I don't know about this. I read somewhere a few days before the game where Saban was quoted as saying that Tua would play in the NC. Think Saban may have been game-planning around his former DC, who was probably very familiar with Hurts, but not Tua? The Dwags were certainly well-prepared for Hurts, and were certainly NOT well-prepared for Tua. Might Saban have planned this switch-up in the NC from the beginning of the season, intending to sideswipe whomever AL was facing? No question that the natty win to tie The Bear would justify that degree of planning. They DO call him Satan, you know.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about this. I read somewhere a few days before the game where Saban was quoted as saying that Tua would play in the NC. Think Saban may have been game-planning around his former DC, who was probably very familiar with Hurts, but not Tua? The Dwags were certainly well-prepared for Hurts, and were certainly NOT well-prepared for Tua. Might Saban have planned this switch-up in the NC from the beginning of the season, intending to sideswipe whomever AL was facing? No question that the natty win to tie The Bear would justify that degree of planning. They DO call him Satan, you know.

Hurts was a true freshman last year, Kirby was already at UGA, how much could Kirby know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb