College World Series thread

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The amount of dumb in this thread is amazing. Also the lack of understanding of how hard it is to even go to Omaha much less win a title in baseball is incredible. This from a group of people who presume to know a little about sports. We have been to the CWS 9 times in our schools history. Sully has 4 of those in 8 years. They have a name for coaches who go to the CWS 50% of the time regardless if they win any titles. They're called Hall of Famers. Not saying Sully is a HOFer but he's one of the best coaches in the country right now and we are headed in a very good direction with the talent we are bringing in.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
cover2;n238021 said:
I have to agree with MJM in that the faction of our fans who think if we don't win it all every year, the best solution for sure that we do is to fire the coach after lambasting him incessantly. I guess Muschamp's lack of success and the hard feelings may bleed over? Seriously, no one expects less than a really good effort from players and coaches alike, but to think that anything less than winning it all is a failure is just unrealistic at best and delusional at worst. I also think to call O'Sullivan a choker is pretty dumb. Anyway, believe what you want, but my opinion is that we have a coach that is good and will likely win us one soon.

I think part of NV's point is that it is so difficult to make it this far (in any sport) that when you do make it here you have to capitalize on those chances by winning it all, especially when we have so much talent and have had so many opportunities but have somehow always fallen short...and when that happens multiple times over 8 or so years you have to logically ask about the coaching...and he's correct.

Bottom line is we were better than Virginia yet we came up short and that sucks. And it doesn't make it any easier to say we were top 3 out of 200. The gold ring is what counts and we still don't have one in baseball.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n238073 said:
I think part of NV's point is that it is so difficult to make it this far (in any sport) that when you do make it here you have to capitalize on those chances by winning it all, especially when we have so much talent and have had so many opportunities but have somehow always fallen short...and when that happens multiple times over 8 or so years you have to logically ask about the coaching...and he's correct.

Bottom line is we were better than Virginia yet we came up short and that sucks. And it doesn't make it any easier to say we were top 3 out of 200. The gold ring is what counts and we still don't have one in baseball.
So what is the solution?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gatorphan;n238077 said:
So what is the solution?

i think if I'm the AD I give Sully another year, MAYBE 2, but I also let him know that he needs to bring a CWS title back to Gainesville real soon or we may mutually part ways. Some may disagree with this but look a few hours NW to Tally. Do we really want Mike Martin 2.0? I say no.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I guess this just proves our fan base is just as dumb as the rest of em. :crazy:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
MJMGator;n238087 said:
I guess this just proves our fan base is just as dumb as the rest of em. :crazy:

Well my posts don't always make many fans but I give my honest feedback...and I believe at some point in the near future, the AD needs to have a heart to heart with Sully about what it's going to take for him to bring the title back to G-vile. You obviously disagree which is your prerogative.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n238033 said:
I don't think anyone is saying we have to win it all every year. I think Sully is a tremendous recruiter, and will probably have our boys in the hunt all the time. If that's good enough for you, then that's great. HOWEVER, if the ultimate goal is to win it all, I know I feel he's never going to get it done. Never. He's proven he simply doesn't have the "it" factor in big games - kind of a Peyton Manning thing. At some point if you feel that winning the NC is the goal, you have to try someone else.

Mark Richt is a great example of this. He has a pretty good career record. Should he have been fired years ago? Hell yes!

Perhaps Sully will prove me wrong and force me to eat crow.

This is exactly what I'm saying including calling him the Peyton Manning of college baseball.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n238081 said:
i think if I'm the AD I give Sully another year, MAYBE 2, but I also let him know that he needs to bring a CWS title back to Gainesville real soon or we may mutually part ways. Some may disagree with this but look a few hours NW to Tally. Do we really want Mike Martin 2.0? I say no.
You list more questions, and no answers. So who is the guy that recruits and coaches better than O' Sullivan?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, we've made it 4 time in 8 years with Zero trophies. How many more shots do all you who think I'm to fool give Sully? 2 more years? Go 5 in 10 years without a trophy? Just make it to Omaha year after year and hope it finally happens even if it takes 15 more years?

Come to think of it, some of you were the same holding out for Muschump after 11-3

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gatorphan;n238093 said:
You list more questions, and no answers. So who is the guy that recruits and coaches better than O' Sullivan?

No, I gave answers but you seem to have trouble understanding. Let me re-phrase...fire him if he doesn't bring home the CWS trophy next year, worst case year after that...and bring in a new coach.

Do you understand that answer?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n238093 said:

So... we are starting with this ambiguous question again? This was the reason most of you didn't want to fire Musdawg.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n237980 said:
Ok, I'll bite. Who's the MWC coach you think we should replace him with?

I'm coming back to this. How dumb of a question is this?

Our most successful football coach came from the MWC. Our current football coach, who I think in legit and you do as well, is from the MWC. Our most successful basketball coach came from the MAC. Our current basketball coach, who everyone is excited to see what he does, is from CUSA and formally the WAC.

Do you see a pattern here?

Dec 10, 2014
This thread is case in point for how our fan base got a national reputation for being entitled whiners. Law is a fine spokesperson for that segment I might add.

Attachments

• conv_3491.png
    conv_3491.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 28

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n238104 said:
This thread is case in point for how our fan base got a national reputation for being entitled whiners. Law is a fine spokesperson for that segment I might add.

Yawn. How about actually contributing to the discussion instead of garbage like this? If it wasn't for the fans being "entitled whiners", Muschamp would probably have been our coach for life.

If Sully was FSU's coach, you'd be one of those guys that called for him to get as many extensions as possible, just like we do with Mark Richt.

Dec 10, 2014
oxrageous;n238115 said:
Yawn. How about actually contributing to the discussion instead of garbage like this? If it wasn't for the fans being "entitled whiners", Muschamp would probably have been our coach for life.

If Sully was FSU's coach, you'd be one of those guys that called for him to get as many extensions as possible, just like we do with Mark Richt.

You get all a flutter when I take shots at Law. It's quite comical.

Richt doesn't win anything. Sully does. It's an apples and idiocy comparison.

I don't see what you are "actively contributing" except your continuing display of not knowing anything about finding and retaining quality coaches. What are some of the other coaches that Ox thought should be fired? Billy Donovan, Mike McCarthy, probably Vince Lombardi,.

Meyer isn't coming back. Move on.

Attachments

• conv_3492.png
    conv_3492.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 32

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great run by the Gators.

If Sulley was to be fired, who would be hired as his replacement?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n238093 said:

I'd like the answer to this question, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb