Colorado State Game

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I’m looking into taking my two girls (6 and 9 year old) to CSU game this year for their first trip to Gville. I picked this game because I figured this would not only be the best value for 4 tickets but attention span will probably only last until National Anthem.

Question, when do season tickets usually get mailed out? There are a few options on stubhub. Also, would I be taking a chance trying to get four around stadium?

Thanks,
Dz

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hey DZ, trip planning for football at the peak of baseball season? You have not given up on baseball this year have you, LOL? Just kidding. My advice would be to forgo buying any tickets online and just get them outside the stadium, but just avoid the obvious guys who are trying to make money and find those holding tickets who understand that getting something is better than nothing. Even before we completely shyt the bed last year and still had a chance in the SEC, the most I paid outside the stadium was 20 bucks and that was for homecoming against LSU. I know there is a thought that new coach means new interest, but there also guys like me who won;t attend b/c we are not on the Cousin Eddie scooter. Bad product, large stadium equals plenty of available seats.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Two things:

1) I'm coming to this game and plan to get tickets outside the stadium. This isn't 2008, tickets for games like this one should be easy....and cheap. I expect this to be a night game also.

2) Your girls are 6 and 9. Their attention span only lasts until the national anthem? Bro, these girls should know the entire starting line-up by 5 years old. They should know who Mullen is planning to red-shirt this year and should be able to guess within 20 yards what our total offense will be for this game. Please up your parenting skills, bro!! :D (just kidding, of course! You're a good dad for bringing your kids to a game. I went to my first UF home game at 9 years old).....

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
So I’m in a similar boat as you. my son (now 8) and daughter (now 5) took in there first game 2 years ago. I’ve found stubhub to be super reliable (they refunded our tickets for the hurricane game last year), and super easy. Get there early so they can take LOTS of pictures all around the stadium. Tickets will be cheap on there if you nab them about 3-2 weeks out. Another small tip is to try to get seats on the opposite side of the field from where the band plays. That way your kids get to hear all of they songs they play so they can enjoy that. If you’re on the same side, the directional nature of horns makes it hard to hear much of the tune. They’re gonna have a blast.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hey DZ, trip planning for football at the peak of baseball season? You have not given up on baseball this year have you, LOL? Just kidding. My advice would be to forgo buying any tickets online and just get them outside the stadium, but just avoid the obvious guys who are trying to make money and find those holding tickets who understand that getting something is better than nothing. Even before we completely shyt the bed last year and still had a chance in the SEC, the most I paid outside the stadium was 20 bucks and that was for homecoming against LSU. I know there is a thought that new coach means new interest, but there also guys like me who won;t attend b/c we are not on the Cousin Eddie scooter. Bad product, large stadium equals plenty of available seats.

Not a chance man, fired up for baseball tomorrow. Just trying to book the whole trip, flights, car, seaworld, etc.

I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I’ve been to the swamp about 6 times so I have a pretty good idea of how to spend our day. My girls are more excited about the cheerleaders, campus, and sites than the game but I’m excited to take them to Gods Country. Gainesville is a little Haul from Nola..just trying to formulate the plan

Dz

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed - get them early. They will cost more, but will be together. I already have my 4 :D
You could probably save a few bucks getting them outside. But needing 4, it could be a little labor intensive. If it were a single or even 2 I'd maybe wait. I'd rather spend my time tailgating with the ones I love than dealing with scalpers.

Use Seat Geek. It searches all the ticket resale sights including Stubhub.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
You could probably save a few bucks getting them outside. But needing 4, it could be a little labor intensive. If it were a single or even 2 I'd maybe wait. I'd rather spend my time tailgating with the ones I love than dealing with scalpers.

Use Seat Geek. It searches all the ticket resale sights including Stubhub.

If I only need two, I buy outside before the game. But 4 together are tough that way. I prefer to get them early and be set in my plans. Yeah, it cost a little more that way, sometimes. I work at UF and got a great deal on a two game ticket package. Taking the family to this on and SC later in the year.

I'll try seat geek - thanks.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Just scored 4 on stubhub in section 14.

I wanted to get all four together, so jumped on some that were posted today.

Thanks for advice guys

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just scored 4 on stubhub in section 14.

I wanted to get all four together, so jumped on some that were posted today.

Thanks for advice guys
Hope you and your family have a great time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.