Commits and Targets Friday Night Games

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To me IMG is to high school football what Oak Hill Academy is to high school basketball. It's physical location is of zero relevance. A large majority of the players, especially the best ones are from all over the place.

We, you playing with High School boys?

In my thinking, I'm from all over the place but I gain no starpower.??

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
For the first time in 25 - 30 years Wildwood beat South Sumter. Back in the 60's, 70', and 80's Willdwood dominated, losing only 3 or 4 times in that stretch. The schools were both 2A most of those years. The Villages started a charter school in 1999 and started siphoning off the top talent (academic and athletic) in the north end of the county. SSHS has grown to 4A size. Wildwood's school population has shrunk to the point it operates as a combined middle-high school at 1A status.

After many years of winning 0 to 3 games, the Cats have had a decent run the past three years and are undefeated this year. The Cats lost in the playoffs last year to Hawthorne, which won the 1A title. After beating Newberry in a preseason matchup, they had the first two regular season games cancelled due to covid precautions by their scheduled opponents. The Cats drubbed a private school last week.

So the Cats 20 Raiders 9 is big news in Sumter county.

Wildwood has a 6'4" freshman starting quarterback that folks say is quite talented, so hopefully my Cats are set up for a good run.

Both the boys and the girls have a pair of state basketball titles won in recent years.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are recruiting Isiah Bond as a WR but the kid is a shut down CB. He looks better and better on defense, every week.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
For the first time 25 - 30 years Wildwood beat South Sumter. Back in 60's, 70', and 80's Willdwood dominated, losing only 3 or times in that stretch. The schools were both 2A most of those years. The Villages started a charter school in 1999 and started siphoning off the top talent (academic and athletic) in the north end of the county. SSHS has grown to 4A size. Wildwood's school population has shrunk to the point it operates as a combined middle-high school at 1A status.

After many years of winning 0 to 3 games, the Cats have had a decent run the past three years and are undefeated this year. The Cats lost in the playoffs last year to Hawthorne, which won the 1A title. After beating Newberry in a preseason matchup, they had the first two regular season games cancelled due to covid precautions by their scheduled opponents. The Cats drubbed a private school last week.

So the Cats 20 Raiders 9 is big news in Sumter county.

Wildwood has a 6'4" freshman starting quarterback that folks say is quite talented, so hopefully my Cats are set up for a good run.

Both the boys and the girls have a pair of state basketball titles won in recent years.

The Villages high will be nearer Bushnell soon from what I hear.... Guess the land on 466 is more valuable than that further south

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
The Villages high will be nearer Bushnell soon from what I hear.... Guess the land on 466 is more valuable than that further south

i have heard rumors they plan to build a new school close to Center Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.