Recruiting Confirmed visits this weekend

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Here's who is scheduled to visit Florida this weekend for official visits.
OL Alex Leatherwood
OL Kadeem Telfort
The Southridge boys and Kadarius Toney were also scheduled to visit Florida this weekend but Shawn Davis and Kemore Gamble are playing in the state championship. Toney is playing in the AL/MS all-star game so those guys obviously can't make it. There is some talk that Gamble and Davis may visit on Saturday night through Sunday afternoon but there hasn't been 100 percent confirmation on that yet.

Looks like another loaded weekend for Mac :rolleyes:
At least Leatherwood is "allegedly" visiting and if he does show up he'll be the biggest prospect we've had on campus in 3 yrs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the updates.

I'm not holding my breath on Leatherwood, but we need to get some OL's in this class. If we only sign 1 or 2, that's trouble. 3 should be the minimum, even if we do have to steal the kid from USF or FAU. It's inexcusable to sign 4 or 5 OLs over two classes.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thanks for the updates.

I'm not holding my breath on Leatherwood, but we need to get some OL's in this class. If we only sign 1 or 2, that's trouble. 3 should be the minimum, even if we do have to steal the kid from USF or FAU. It's inexcusable to sign 4 or 5 OLs over two classes.
Like Stidham...Leatherwood is trolling...stringing this moronic staff along. As for the offensive line...we'll pillage the lower tier school’s and manage to put some bodies on the roster no matter if they are good enough ever contribute or not!

Sep 29, 2015
Be nice to get Stidham there with Leatherwood visiting, pitch them as the offense of the future. Like BMF said, not holding my breath on him flipping from bama regardless.

Sep 29, 2015
Like Stidham...Leatherwood is trolling...stringing this moronic staff along. As for the offensive line...we'll pillage the lower tier school’s and manage to put some bodies on the roster no matter if they are good enough ever contribute or not!

If that's the case, the troll would be so much harder if Stidham did visit. Maybe he'll make an appearance after all!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's who is scheduled to visit Florida this weekend for official visits.
OL Alex Leatherwood
OL Kadeem Telfort
The Southridge boys and Kadarius Toney were also scheduled to visit Florida this weekend but Shawn Davis and Kemore Gamble are playing in the state championship. Toney is playing in the AL/MS all-star game so those guys obviously can't make it. There is some talk that Gamble and Davis may visit on Saturday night through Sunday afternoon but there hasn't been 100 percent confirmation on that yet.

Looks like another loaded weekend for Mac :rolleyes:
At least Leatherwood is "allegedly" visiting and if he does show up he'll be the biggest prospect we've had on campus in 3 yrs.

Since we have room for 35, what's wrong with this picture? WTF are these coaches doing?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Do we know that? I'm not sure they will do that (sign lower rated kids). It seems they'd rather gap the roster, for whatever reason - maybe thinking "oh we'll sign a bigger class next year w/ higher rated kids" or "we can fill those gaps w/ JUCO's or transfers". I don't know. But not signing a true DT the last two classes is inexcusable. And we have 1 OL this year, which would give us 4 over the last 2 cycles. Even if we get 2 more, that's only 6 total. We all know at least 1 out of 3 OL's signed will transfer or never contribute (hell, it may even be 50%). So we need bodies. And some of these lower 3-star kids could mature and be ready to start as a redshirt junior and give us 2 good seasons. But the way this staff operates we may never know because they haven't brought in the required bodies. They're spending a bunch of time trying to flip higher rated kids from bigger schools than going after the sure thing kids (the one's committed to lower level schools). For example, the OL committed to Miss State that goes to Fletcher HS (in Neptune Beach/Jax Beach). Why not offer that kid?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do we know that? I'm not sure they will do that (sign lower rated kids). It seems they'd rather gap the roster, for whatever reason - maybe thinking "oh we'll sign a bigger class next year w/ higher rated kids" or "we can fill those gaps w/ JUCO's or transfers". I don't know. But not signing a true DT the last two classes is inexcusable. And we have 1 OL this year, which would give us 4 over the last 2 cycles. Even if we get 2 more, that's only 6 total. We all know at least 1 out of 3 OL's signed will transfer or never contribute (hell, it may even be 50%). So we need bodies. And some of these lower 3-star kids could mature and be ready to start as a redshirt junior and give us 2 good seasons. But the way this staff operates we may never know because they haven't brought in the required bodies. They're spending a bunch of time trying to flip higher rated kids from bigger schools than going after the sure thing kids (the one's committed to lower level schools). For example, the OL committed to Miss State that goes to Fletcher HS (in Neptune Beach/Jax Beach). Why not offer that kid?

Lazy ass beer drinkers.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Since we have room for 35, what's wrong with this picture? WTF are these coaches doing?
Nobody wants to come because of the lack of commitment (from UF) for our football program,the piss poor facilities and these bums we have as coaches...Period! These kids know what is going on and they realize UF is a "dumpster fire program" who isn't willing to spend the money to get sh*t fixed!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Exactly. Why aren't there 10 or more visitors this weekend? Every Plan B we have lined up should be getting on campus. I want to see the DT from Clearwater HS on campus, Kane Taylor. Plus a few Plan B DT's.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
These kids know what is going on and they realize UF is a "dumpster fire program" who isn't willing to spend the money to get sh*t fixed!

Seriously, with the hire of a new AD, we really cant confirm this. Hopefully he hits the ground running.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's another waste of time by this staff (bringing in another OL who's committed to Alabama):

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/alabama-commit-florida

Kendall Randolph, a 4-star offensive tackle from Madison, Ala., is eyeing a trip to UF next month.

“Florida is talking heavily to me,” Randolph told SEC Country. “I plan on taking an official visit there Jan. 17. I just want to see how the campus is and see what Florida is like.”

Randolph is one of four offensive tackles committed to the Crimson Tide, while the Gators have just one pledge at the position (Kadeem Telfort). Telfort will visit UF this weekend along with Leatherwood.

Florida offensive line coach Mike Summers has been selling early playing time to Randolph, a U.S. Army All-American.

“Coach Summers has been telling me that if I go to Florida I could possibly get on the field early,” Randolph said. “That’s really not how my mindset is. Wherever I go — if I push myself — I’m going to get on the field regardless. It really doesn’t matter to me how many commits there are. I know I’m going to work hard and get on the field somehow.”

Randolph is ranked the nation’s No. 22 offensive tackle and No. 195 overall recruit. Following his trip to UF, the 6-foot-5, 290-pound prospect is scheduled to officially visit Alabama on Jan. 22.

Despite his interest in the Gators, Randolph claims he’s solid with the Crimson Tide.

“I’m pretty locked in with Alabama,” Randolph said. “I’ve been an Alabama fan since I was young. It really can’t get better than Alabama. Fans shouldn’t worry about the (Florida) visit at all. I love Alabama and that’s where I want to spend my four years.”

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
For example, the OL committed to Miss State that goes to Fletcher HS (in Neptune Beach/Jax Beach). Why not offer that kid?
Because they don't have a clue how to run a successful program...that's why! We already saw how this type of idiotic sh*t played out under the "Chump regime" and now we get to watch it ALL OVER AGAIN.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We're recruiting with cockiness the way USC used to. Remember when they'd only sign 5 star and high 4 star recruits ? Hell they'd stop at an 18 man class if that's all the elite kids they could grab. Except Mac and crew have kids like James Robinson who is a top 100 prospect that wants in this class badly and they slow play him. It's been an unbelievable ride this year, to say the least

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Except Mac and crew have kids like James Robinson who is a top 100 prospect that wants in this class badly and they slow play him. It's been an unbelievable ride this year, to say the least
Stidham was waiting on us to contact him 6 months ago yet we waited until 2 weeks ago to finally do so. Nothing they are doing makes any sense!

Sep 29, 2015
They aren't going to break ground on the stand alone facility for at least 18 months. By then...we'll be UCF!

Assuming all this is true, why would any nat'l champ caliber coach who wants to win take the job once Mac is canned? Said coach would be coming on board with a roster depleted in talent and numbers, old facilities, and an intense, demands-results-now fan base. Seriously, for all the complaining about Mac (not you in particular, just in general), nobody has explained why we should expect to hire a coach who will be better than Mac at this point (i.e., a coach who will win more than Mac did considering the atrocious situation he was handed).

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here's another waste of time by this staff (bringing in another OL who's committed to Alabama):

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/alabama-commit-florida

Kendall Randolph, a 4-star offensive tackle from Madison, Ala., is eyeing a trip to UF next month.

“Florida is talking heavily to me,” Randolph told SEC Country. “I plan on taking an official visit there Jan. 17. I just want to see how the campus is and see what Florida is like.”

Randolph is one of four offensive tackles committed to the Crimson Tide, while the Gators have just one pledge at the position (Kadeem Telfort). Telfort will visit UF this weekend along with Leatherwood.

Florida offensive line coach Mike Summers has been selling early playing time to Randolph, a U.S. Army All-American.

“Coach Summers has been telling me that if I go to Florida I could possibly get on the field early,” Randolph said. “That’s really not how my mindset is. Wherever I go — if I push myself — I’m going to get on the field regardless. It really doesn’t matter to me how many commits there are. I know I’m going to work hard and get on the field somehow.”

Pretty accurate snapshot of our recruiting struggles. We're going with a bland, way overused sales approach of "early playing time" on a kid who openly doesn't care about that. We demonstrate no ability to identify the hot buttons or objections from a prospect and modify our message accordingly. We just keep ramming our head into a wall.

In stark contrast, you can also see Saban's thumbprint all over this kid's response. Basically, if you're looking for the easy path, go somewhere else. But if you think you can compete with the best and want to win titles, come here. And we wonder why kids routinely spurn a starting role here to sit behind 3-4 blue chippers in Tuscaloosa.

That is an absolutely brutal read.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just wait guys, we are keeping commits silent in order to make waves on NSD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator