Congrats Coach Mac on a New Record!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Love him or hate him, we can all agree coach Mac has a way with words. His "and yet" has become his go to phrase. Throughout his press conferences, several faithful listeners (thanks to URG this time) have kept track of his "and yet" records, which stood at 22. Well, thanks to his almost double "and yet", coach Mac has set a new record of 24 "and yets". We knew he could do it, and yet he left a few more "and yets" out there.

Oh, and just some advice from Mac. "Peace is the greatest thing you can do" and yet, we don't strive enough for peace.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I was sure he would reach 30, especially with explaining all the events from this weekend and having to explain the current state of the program, and yet he didn't....

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a pumper and really hope Mac becomes a great coach and yet....

Doesn't "and yet" sum up his coaching legacy. I mean, how fitting.

Won sec east twice and yet...
Recruited many QB's and yet...
Is rebuilding program and yet...
Getting better at recruiting and yet...
Has a few playmakers and yet...

I hope "and yet" isn't his legacy at UF.

At least he knows what a midline is, and yet....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The FBI interview training manual (Statement Analysis) teaches that when the suspect says "and yet" you underline it as deception of leaving out a lot of unpleasant info ... to come back to for uncovering hidden truths.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a pumper and really hope Mac becomes a great coach and yet....

Doesn't "and yet" sum up his coaching legacy. I mean, how fitting.

Won sec east twice and yet...
Recruited many QB's and yet...
Is rebuilding program and yet...
Getting better at recruiting and yet...
Has a few playmakers and yet...

I hope "and yet" isn't his legacy at UF.

At least he knows what a midline is, and yet....
it's a travesty that the "journalists" aren't using "and yet" in their questions to him. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I cannot sit through one of his pressers. Between the "and yets" and his inability to give a coherent response to ANY question, it's unbearable.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
it's a travesty that the "journalists" aren't using "and yet" in their questions to him. :lol:

Reporter after Arkansas - "Coach, Del Rio was obviously in pain and ineffective, and yet, you left him in there, no faith in the backups?"

Reporter after most games "Coach, Scarlett was gashing their defense, and yet, you kept him on the bench for the next 2 series, was the running back by committee a nusschamp brainchild?"

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Love him or hate him, we can all agree coach Mac has a way with words. His "and yet" has become his go to phrase. Throughout his press conferences, several faithful listeners (thanks to URG this time) have kept track of his "and yet" records, which stood at 22. Well, thanks to his almost double "and yet", coach Mac has set a new record of 24 "and yets". We knew he could do it, and yet he left a few more "and yets" out there.

Oh, and just some advice from Mac. "Peace is the greatest thing you can do" and yet, we don't strive enough for peace.

Look at the list of the eleven 'likes' and you see all of the pessimists in a group.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Look at the list of the eleven 'likes' and you see all of the pessimists in a group.

That's rich. Pumpers are the queens of the circle jerk. You guys can't like each other's posts fast enough. SMH.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
He never actually answers any questions really. He's just beeboppin and scattin.This isn't about being a pumper or being negative. The guy just sucks in pressers. It's almost as bad as muschamp's post game pressers. I just wasn't paying enough attention to hear the "and yet"s. But now I won't be able to hear anything but that if I do hear it.
I thought originally when he got here that he said "piece" all the time. It was "we gotta get this piece worked out to work in this other piece". It was weird to me then. But the "and yet" piece is definitely worse.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont get the whole my voice is cracking and Im about to cry thing.

Honestly, I wish hed just stop doing press conferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator