Recruiting Cord Sandberg (QB) tells UF to take a flying **** at a rolling donut

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like he would be a project. Weinke was the top rated QB recruit coming out of HS. Parade 1st team etc etc. We already have EJ and JJ. I know we have room now but I would like to think Mullen fixes that.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I feel like he would be a project. Weinke was the top rated QB recruit coming out of HS. Parade 1st team etc etc. We already have EJ and JJ. I know we have room now but I would like to think Mullen fixes that.
But Weinke was also 26 not 23. I would take him as a preferred walk-on.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
But Weinke was also 26 not 23. I would take him as a preferred walk-on.

He probably got one of those MLB deals where the MLB team that drafted him will pay his college expenses. If not, we have 5 open scholarships (maybe more) - so I'd put him on a one-year scholarship (letting him know it may not be renewed). Nothing to lose here. Now if Burrow comes I'd take a pass on this kid....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I don't know if this has been posted in other threads, but the this report claims Mullen is happy with his QB depth chart:

[I]Brady Fredericksen said:
Looking for a QB?

Fans hoping the Gators would dive into the graduate transfer quarterback market for a third-straight year may be in for some disappointment.

Mullen said, right now, he did not expect to add another quarterback to a room featuring rising sophomores Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask as well as early-enrollee Emory Jones.

Florida has been linked to Ohio State’s graduating quarterback Joe Burrow in recent days.

“I don’t think that’s a spot we would look to take anyone,” Mullen said. “I feel pretty good about the guys we have and the depth we’re creating at that position and the competition at that position.”

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/05/...jury-transfer-status-and-former-gator-greats/

leogator

May 5, 2018
He probably got one of those MLB deals where the MLB team that drafted him will pay his college expenses. If not, we have 5 open scholarships (maybe more) - so I'd put him on a one-year scholarship (letting him know it may not be renewed). Nothing to lose here. Now if Burrow comes I'd take a pass on this kid....
I'd take them both. I'm greedy like that :).

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Man, this would be a great topic in the recruiting thread!! :D (j/k, can't help myself sometimes).

Where did this info come from? Any links or further info?

Would work well in the recruiting forum too!! Oh, wait.....

leogator

May 5, 2018

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
We won't take Burrow but we'll take a dude who hasn't played football in 5 years? Sounds reasonable.

He was a high (5.9) 4* in 2013 nationally ranked 158 on Rivals. I'd be happy to see a real competition between him and Jones.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He was a high (5.9) 4* in 2013 nationally ranked 158 on Rivals. I'd be happy to see a real competition between him and Jones.

Now you are carrying 5 QBs with none graduating soon. I don't want anything to hinder us getting a superstud QB down the road.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
he hasn't played football in 5 years, and isn't in football shape. Before we assume he will walk in and take over. He will need a redshirt year most likely just to get his body right...

leogator

May 5, 2018
Now you are carrying 5 QBs with none graduating soon. I don't want anything to hinder us getting a superstud QB down the road.

I am pretty sure Franks and possibly Trask will transfer if we bring Burrow in. Sandberg is a throw in.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He would be stupid if he actually advertised that he's looking for another QB just in case the one(s) he has right now decide to transfer before the transfer decides where to go. He said the PC thing.

Yep, that is my view too. I view boards as much more than just quoting some coach and claiming that settles things.

As I posted originally, it occurred to me that this is in some ways the good of the access protecting Gainesville _Sun_ guys. They report what coaches say uncritically and then when things change report that uncritically. It allows UF to put out their line which of course can change whenever it changes.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
There's a thread at 247Sports about Cord Sandberg who played QB for Manatee and signed with Miss. State in 2013. He chose baseball and is now interested in coming back to football and is talking with UF and Mullen. Left handed, very good speed, can actually go to a secondary receiver. Chris Weinke with wheels anyone?
Weinklenutz was damn near 30 when he went back to fsu. Cord is what 22-23? Sign him up

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.