Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Might as well throw the Dice!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
You really dating yourself.

(I saw him play too. )
I remember his debut against Cal. He showed tremendous poise and ability, as we steam-rolled the Bears in Tampa. He was seriously injured shortly thereafter, making way for Wayne Peace to come in an play an integral role in one of the great "turn-around" seasons in CFB history. As I recall, Peace never relinquished the starting job and Bobby was relegated to back-up. I understand that he went on to play in the NFL for a while and has been a tremendous success as a business man.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have been icing my elbow in hopes to try out for QB. I will keep you posted.
We are just looking for a QB who can throw at least 50% in a spring game vs walkons.

It's a low bar.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was committed to Mullen when he was at MSU way back before he chose baseball.
6 years ago. And why in the world would we take this guy and not burrow?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
6 years ago. And why in the world would we take this guy and not burrow?
Burrow was never interested and Mullinz still listens to Creyer some.

Besides we already have a dozen empty scholarships and a Div 3 backup QB on scholly, we can afford to waste one more.

It is much like when we took the Div 1AA lineman. It sucks but when you have nothing else, you have to do these things.

I won't lose any sleep either way.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Besides we already have a dozen empty scholarships and a Div 3 backup QB on scholly, we can afford to waste one more.

It is much like when we took the Div 1AA lineman. It sucks but when you have nothing else, you have to do these things.

Hope you are stocking your bar. At least you can have something good to drink while you watch the ****show

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Burrow wasnt interested in mullen but he likes orgrey? I won't lose any sleep either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hope you are stocking your bar. At least you can have something good to drink while you watch the ****show
This shytshow was inevitable bc of the recruiting classes two, three, and four years ago.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see anything more than a walk on

His throwing motion looked so Tebowish it is eerie.

Yeah, he has been out of football for a while, but at this point if he has actually PLAYED in HS, and has actual highlight film, no HS practice against your own JV doesnt count, then he is a clear improvement vs what we have on the depth chart now

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Burrow wasnt interested in mullen but he likes orgrey? I won't lose any sleep either.
Strange shyt happens.

Like Zaire coming to us last year despite our OC and HC despising QBs who run.

leogator

May 5, 2018

Yeah, he has been out of football for a while, but at this point if he has actually PLAYED in HS, and has actual highlight film, no HS practice against your own JV doesnt count, then he is a clear improvement vs what we have on the depth chart now

He looked a bit faster and quicker running than Tebow.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Why not. He is better than Franks.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I heard that Auburn has offered him a scholarship. Would he come on as a walk-on for us?

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014

Donk, have to disagree on the throwing motion somewhat. Yes, a little long. But doesn’t have near the wind-up or hitch that Tebow had in his motion. This guy is more compact.

If he’s interested, we need to take him. He’s perfect for Mullen.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Donk, have to disagree on the throwing motion somewhat. Yes, a little long. But doesn’t have near the wind-up or hitch that Tebow had in his motion. This guy is more compact.

If he’s interested, we need to take him. He’s perfect for Mullen.
Reminds me just a little of Wuerffel, where it looks like he pushes the ball rather than zip it.

leogator

May 5, 2018
UCF also offered him a scholarship. He was offered as a preferred walk-on at UF and LSU.

Lots of twitter action on Cord by Goldkamp, Spivey, del aTorre, etc. Also on the Miami Herald, Tampa Bay Times, Bradenton Herald, etc.

From Bradenton.com:

Sandberg said he's talked with four schools so far: Florida, LSU, Auburn and UCF. Dan Mullen, the head coach with the Gators, recruited Sandberg, who drew comparisons to Tim Tebow for his playing style in high school, when he was at Mississippi State. Sandberg was a four-star prospect and the No. 33 overall ranked player in Florida coming out of high school, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

Mullen was the Gators' offensive coordinator during Tebow's time in Gainesville.

Both Florida and LSU are preferred walk-on situations, while Auburn and UCF are offering full-ride scholarships.

"My main goal is going for the place with the best situation," Sandberg said. "With my Phillies contract that I had, I do have some money for schooling through the Phillies. So, if for some reason I decided to go a place that was a walk-on situation for maybe a year or two, the Phillies would be able to pay my tuition and books and all that stuff. I'd be able to make that work until I was on scholarship, if I felt that was the right situation."

Sandberg said he'll take some official visits in late July and wants to be enrolled at a campus before classes begin in late August.

There are also no favorites to land Sandberg. It's still early in the process, he said.

Read more here: https://www.bradenton.com/sports/article214358354.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if he isnt trying to get on campus right damn now, he isnt thinking or being told he might play this year.

Im not feeling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.