Cornelius Ingram

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw this on FB. How good would this guy have been if he hadn't wrecked his knee before his senior season? One of my favorite Gators.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Any guesses at what he's doing now? I hope it doesn't involve a funny hat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My problem with him is his name. How do you shorten it? Cornie? Co Co? Just Co?

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Played against him in high school basketball. It didn’t feel like I was playing against the same species. It felt like I was playing against predator. He could stroke it out beyond NBA range, and then if you came out to guard that he would blow by you and dunk it.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Played against him in high school basketball. It didn’t feel like I was playing against the same species. It felt like I was playing against predator. He could stroke it out beyond NBA range, and then if you came out to guard that he would blow by you and dunk it.

If you played against him in that Hawthorne gym, you weren't just playing against his team, I can guarantee you those refs were solidly on their side.

I've been to a lot of high school basketball games and I've NEVER seen more biased officiating anywhere......

On a related note, Hawthorne High school hasn't been closed? It is considered the worst school in Alachua County by far.

Last edited:

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
If you played against him in that Hawthorne gym, you weren't just playing against his team, I can guarantee you those refs were solidly on their side.

I've been so a lot of high school basketball games and I've NEVER seen more biased officiating anywhere......

On a related note, Hawthorne High school hasn't been closed? It is considered the worst school in Alachua County by far.

Lol...yep I played at Hawthorne many times. When he was there Hawthorne was as good as any team in the county. The reffing didn’t matter because they were just flat out better than us.

After he left it was more even and we beat Hawthorne. I used to joke the refs were helping da brothas. So, my experience was the same.

My sister played there once and they were thoroughly whipping Hawthorne. A Hawthorne player got called for a technical foul, and the crowd erupted. People were getting up out of the stands. I thought there was going to be a fight, and the refs called another technical on my sister’s team just to get the crowd back under control. It was insane.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Also FWIW my best HS basketball memory was pinning Cornelius on the backboard in that gym. Of course they called a foul, but I didn’t really care because Cornelius went up for a dunk and I pinned him on the backboard.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I have never witnessed a game in that gym where a TF was not called on the visiting team.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Losers always blame the refs.

Two things can be simultaneously true - horrendously biased officiating calls and losing a basketball game.

If you have never visited that gym and seen it for yourself, it truly is hard to imagine the level of prejudice.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
One of my all time favorite gator players. Glad to see him doing well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Two things can be simultaneously true - horrendously biased officiating calls and losing a basketball game.

If you have never visited that gym and seen it for yourself, it truly is hard to imagine the level of prejudice.
I'm just hacking on ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.