Corrine Brown cries, begs for mercy at sentencing - prosecutors seek prison time

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oxrageous, May 3, 2017.

1. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $158
    Ratings:
    +747 / -7
    Shillary wouldn't bunk with the help.

2. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $2,368
    Ratings:
    +16,878 / -138
  3. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-browns-sentencing-hearing-is-today/492309246

After lunch, political consultant David Muller shared testimony on Brown, implying that she’s a genuine, caring person.

“It’s never about her,” he said. “She is the most tenacious fighter for people.”

He also discussed a time where Brown called him up and asked for help getting a train, so that she could get supplies to Haiti following an earthquake. She had 18 tractor trailers full of supplies and moved them via a cruise ship to Haiti, Muller said.

“It’s never about her. It’s about helping other people,” he said. “She is a wonderful, compassionate person.”

Many in the court clapped following Muller’s testimony about Brown.

Corrine Brown issues a statement during sentencing hearing

Former Congresswoman Corrine Brown issued a statement during the sentencing hearing Thursday, apologizing to the court, her family, friends and supporters.

“First and foremost, I want to thank my family friends and supporters for their continued prayers and support.”

“I have always strived to protect my name and my reputation”

She said the charges against her are not who she is.

“It runs contrary to everything I am and everything I’ve ever done in my life.” Brown said in her statement. “Public service is an honor and a privilege.”

“I ask that you take into consideration all that I’ve done in my life, and I humbly ask for mercy and compassion. Thank you very much.”

4. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    Has she shown any remorse at all? -- even faked any?

5. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $238
    Ratings:
    +6,446 / -36
    Go prison Gata’.

6. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +1,496 / -148
    So you are a nice person who commits a crime, that makes some difference?

In order to punish her and to create an atmosphere that indicates to others not to do this jail time would be best.

7. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $2,368
    Ratings:
    +16,878 / -138
    She’s not a nice person. Anything she’s ever done has been to benefit herself in some way.

8. gatordad3

gatordad3 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $96
    Ratings:
    +637 / -7
    Too bad nobody has the nads to go after Sheila Jackson-Lee(a character witness via phone). Using tax payer money to buy Super Bowl tickets for her and her family and friends is just a small sample of her being more crooked than Corrine.

9. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $375
    Ratings:
    +3,209 / -11
  10. gardnerwebbgator

gardnerwebbgator Not A Snowflake
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $141
    Ratings:
    +4,058 / -56
    GO GATA!

Rot in prison you horsefaced cvnt!

11. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $242
    Ratings:
    +2,117 / -35
    Damn......Nice shot man!!

12. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $181
    Ratings:
    +4,467 / -87
    5 Years.....5 years? Anyone of us would get much longer than that.

13. gator1946

gator1946 Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $172
    Ratings:
    +1,521 / -8
    Four and a half years for claiming she had anything to do with UF. Six months for fraud.

14. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    Dang since its the feds she will be out on a release program in about half that time I think.

15. daytonacane

daytonacane Newbie

Oxbucks:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +249 / -3
    Very true, but at least she got a prison term. Do convicted felons receive government pensions? I would love to see her become a begging bag lady on the streets.

16. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    She will not receive her Federal pension but, unfortunately, will still receive a pension from the State of Florida.

17. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $148
    Ratings:
    +6,697 / -9
    Has to serve something like 80-85% for Fed.... my thieving partner had to do 4.5 of his 5.

As for the sentencing itself, there are guidelines based on things like amount involved, number of people affected... not whether the judge wants to let her off or not, there’s a worksheet for it. Donk probably knows more, I’m going off of memory and what I remember from the sentencing worksheet I saw.

18. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    I know when I did parole and probation some fed cases were getting released to halfway type houses in the community at about the halfway mark. The ones in for drug possession charges and fraud type charges but maybe some of them get denied this. That rule is probably misleading in some cases just like Florida claiming everyone does 85% and there is no parole anymore since 93 sentences. We had people all the time released in Florida on forms of supervision called conditional release and addiction recovery that had done less than 85% of their time incarcerated. Its just Florida invented new terms for it other than Parole.

19. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    Apparently she will stay out of prison for a least another month. She won't have to report until sometime after Jan 8. Why not send her to prison RIGHT NOW so she can start repaying her debt to society.

Since she was convicted on MAY 11, 2017, she will have avoided justice for about EIGHT additional MONTHS!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/04/f...o-five-years-in-prison-on-corruption-charges/

And I think she continues to collect that fat Federal pension until the day she is literally put behind bars.

20. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    Her state pension shouldn't be that much at all. They get like 1.6% of their pay per year I think and FL legislators don't get paid a lot for that part time work. She only had 10 years credit I think. They make most of their money through deals and kickbacks with their position.