Corrine Brown cries, begs for mercy at sentencing - prosecutors seek prison time

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oxrageous, May 3, 2017.

1. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $148
    Ratings:
    +6,697 / -9
    Looked it up... Sentencing Reform Act of 1984 made it 85%, no parole for Fed sentencing. I have no idea about half way houses, but my partner did 85% on the nose in a white collar facility for same charge as her. We got a notice for a furlough at one point, but that was only for inpatient medical treatment at a hospital nearby, I have no idea what for.

2. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $148
    Ratings:
    +6,697 / -9
    That’s the norm with these cases... pissed me off when my partner got time to “get his personal affairs in order” before reporting.

3. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    Yep they must be doing things like FL is doing misleading people where you can get out to places like that in the community. FL actually releases them straight to home however on supervision instead of a halfway house like the Feds do with some inmates. I definitely had ones that did well under 85% on their fed sentence before going to the halfway house type deal in the community. They had to report to me upon release from the fed prison due to having FL probation also. Not sure what makes someone eligible for that mess.

I will be surprised if they don't find some program to have her out in about 3 years going to a halfway house type deal.

#203 Gator Fever, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  4. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $375
    Ratings:
    +3,209 / -11
    Comparatively, Federal Prisons are way more comfortable than FL State facilities.

5. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,679
    Ratings:
    +25,636 / -541
    Feds did away with parole....

And now have "Supervised Felease" which is parole.

6. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,679
    Ratings:
    +25,636 / -541
    I was expecting to see " I rise to gradulate..."