Could ex-LSU QB Brandon Harris be headed to Florida or Texas A&M?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rut-ro!!

http://gridironnow.com/could-ex-lsu-qb-brandon-harris-headed-florida-texas-am/

Could ex-LSU QB Brandon Harris be headed to Florida or Texas A&M?

brandonharris-e1482265877937.jpg

John David Mercer/USA TODAY Sports

Former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris is exploring transfer options, and his comments indicate that Florida or Texas A&M could be potential destinations. Harris appeared on “Off the Bench” on 104.5 FM ESPN in Baton Rouge on Friday.

“Yeah, I’ve talked to a couple schools in the SEC about different opportunities, and obviously these are bridge situations where you are going in because they don’t have a quarterback that is necessarily ready to play,” Harris told the station. “They may be in a situation where they just lost a senior and they got two freshmen that are not necessarily ready to play, or it could be a situation where they don’t feel they have a quarterback on the roster.”

Florida and Texas A&M lost senior starters Austin Appleby and Trevor Knight, respectively.

Florida has two redshirt freshman competing for the starting job this spring in Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask. The Aggies have redshirt freshman Nick Starkel and true freshman Kellen Mond, an early enrollee, competing with senior Jake Hubenak.

Harris announced his decision to transfer from LSU on Feb. 13. He has one year of eligibility remaining.

Harris, a former four-star prospect, started 15 games for the Tigers, including the entire 2015 season. But he was benched for Purdue transfer Danny Etling during LSU’s second game in 2016 and never reclaimed the starting role.

“It was a dream come true being the starting quarterback at a flagship school like LSU,” Harris said. “Unfortunate it didn’t work out.”

Harris threw for 2,756 yards, 20 touchdowns and 10 interceptions during his career. He also rushed for 370 yards and seven touchdowns on 97 attempts.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The hardcore pumpers would probably be for it. Would give them another built in excuse if mac's offense continues to blow chunks.

"But guys, how can you really expect improvement until hes got 'his' guys on the field?" etc...

I swear I'm tired of that one. If mac signs another transfer qb and plays him, guess what? That's his guy.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah I'm gonna say pass because he just wasn't any better than what we've seen around here for the last few years. He might be a better fit at TAMU where they like to have some QB run option mixed into the play book.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It was his arm or lack of that in reality cost Les his job. Macs offense really would bring out the worst in this guy because of it's structure.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
A lot of speculation in that article. Nothing says Harris mentioned Florida as one of the choices. Also, speaking to SEC schools could mean he reached out to them. I seriously doubt we are interested.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If UF pursues him and he ends up in Gainesville, it doesn't say much for our current crop of QB's...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is GARBAGE. We don't want him at all. He is kind of like a Treon Harris type. He STINKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.