Could it be this team's better than we and everyone else thinks?

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We (he) gave the game to LSU who should've taken BAMA out last night. We (he) gave the game to Mizzou with all the stupid turnovers. We clocked UGA and took care of Vandy. Can one player be the missing link we've been missing? Last year we had the QB carrousel, 2012's performance at the position stunk, and this year had the same poor performance at the position until last week.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I'm getting that feeling from the last two games with Harris in there. Different vibe about the team

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the team is in good shape.

I think the coach that insisted on playing Driskel, Dunbar, Pittman, Burton and Westbrook and refuses to play Taylor needs to go.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Water under the bridge now but yes. This team could have won every game I think. With all the turnovers from bama imagine if we scored off most those and kept our D off the field. Everything happens for a reason. I really believe we are set for a run next year, as long as champ stays out of this teams / ropers way

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And by "staying out of the way", you mean "is unemployed." Surely no one, after hearing Roper say that the HC picks the QB and all the other reports about Dumbchimp changing depth charts etc, entertains the laughable proposition that Chimp isn't meddling in all parts of the offense like he has for four years.

That isn't going to change, ever.

Has anyone noticed we are losing three seniors on the OL? And the depth behind them isn't inspiring confidence. Has Drew Sarvary even seen the field? He's listed as next year's C. Whehhhh. We also should expect to see Tyler Moore starting again. Yep.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
No if you saw all the problems that our oliine had with Vandy you know the team is not better than we thought. Now we have a QB who makes no negative plays and some better positive ones. Our receivers are still not really getting open either. Lots of room for improvement especially in the dopey penalities area.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I've always thought we have the talent to compete with anybody. We've just under-achieved for 5 years now. Harris could be the fix. Lets hope so.

Still haven't decided if I like Ropers play calling yet. Never seen the "hurry up" they talked about all summer. There doesn't seem to be any flow or method to the passing game. We either throw a swing pass or a bomb. Nothing in the middle or intermediate routes. Nothing sets up something else. Everything looks like a busted play. It's like Mullins old play calling spin wheel is still in the booth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n101490 said:
Still haven't decided if I like Ropers play calling yet. Never seen the "hurry up" they talked about all summer.
Wow. Do you figure he's forgotten? Or perhaps there's something else at play?

Weird that three straight OCs suddenly forget how to call games and run offenses that look nothing like anything they've done in the past. Really weird.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
gatormandan;n101489 said:
I believe the talent is there. We need someone to develop it...

Agree. And we need the buzz and vibe around the program that says we're going places. Once you've lost this momentum, it's almost impossible to get it back. The rare few that can re-establish the mojo generally know what it takes to get to the top in the first place.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I realize the common denominator is Musclecramp except for Meyer's last year. The other common denominator has been bad QB play with Brantley and Driskel. So, if things all the sudden look different with Harris at the helm I think it changes a lot of perspectives.

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
Football is always a game of a couple plays here, a few turnovers there, a lucky call, and a bounce the right direction. The team was one stop away from beating LSU and we the team beat themselves against Missouri. We had 2 or 3 major missed coverage against Bama and if we would have had any offence we could have beat them. On the other hand we were 2 plays away from getting beat by UK and UT. Even last year we were in every game except for FSU. We were one drive away from beating UGA, Vandy, SC, Ga Southern, Miami and we were close in the LSU and Missouri games. A few bounces and we end up being 11-1 last year and 7-1 this year.

Sometimes you just need that spark and maybe Harris is the pebble that starts that avalanche.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n101483 said:
Water under the bridge now but yes. This team could have won every game I think. With all the turnovers from bama imagine if we scored off most those and kept our D off the field. Everything happens for a reason. I really believe we are set for a run next year, as long as champ stays out of this teams / ropers way

If he's here next year, half of Gator Nation won't be. It's really that simple at this point and I have to believe Foley is fully aware of it.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
BearCatGator;n101509 said:
Football is always a game of a couple plays here, a few turnovers there, a lucky call, and a bounce the right direction. The team was one stop away from beating LSU and we the team beat themselves against Missouri. We had 2 or 3 major missed coverage against Bama and if we would have had any offence we could have beat them. On the other hand we were 2 plays away from getting beat by UK and UT. Even last year we were in every game except for FSU. We were one drive away from beating UGA, Vandy, SC, Ga Southern, Miami and we were close in the LSU and Missouri games. A few bounces and we end up being 11-1 last year and 7-1 this year.

Sometimes you just need that spark and maybe Harris is the pebble that starts that avalanche.

What?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n101499 said:
I find this really weird as well. I remember looking at Roper's offence while he was at Duke. Then I watch him run the offense at Florida and it looks like the Pease's offense. Really strange. Then I remember looking at Pease's offence when he was at BSU and then when I saw his offense when he was at Florida it reminded me of Cheesburger's offense. Weird how nobody can run their offense with our players.

Did you also notice that "Pease's" Offense at Boise State looked different then what he had at Kentucky and Baylor, which strangely more resembled what he called here? Or could it be his offense in Boise State was still Harsin (now their head coach) offense?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BearCatGator;n101509 said:

A few bounces we are also 3-5 this year... that game doesn't mean anything. We are 5-3, last year we were 4-8 similar to 2012 we were 11-2. The few bounces here or there define a coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator