Could it be this team's better than we and everyone else thinks?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
EuroGator;n101963 said:
Maybe it's better if I don't answer your first question.

As to your second question... Now, do I think we'd be in better shape by retaining him? As I have said for weeks now, I'm not sure. Some of that depends on how the rest of the season goes. Some of it depends on who his replacement would be. Would his replacement be a better coach? Would the replacement be able to finish this recruiting class as well as a supported Muschamp would? One of the big issues I have with the way that some on this board post is that they oversimplify very complex things. I'm sure that sometimes it's done because it's easier (psychologically) to view things in a simple manner. Other times, I'm sure it's done to better support opinions that a complex perspective doesn't support as much.

I won't be terribly upset if Muschamp is replaced - especially if I like the new coach. However, I think Foley (who is no fool) is handling this exactly as he should.

I'm not sure? That's all you got?

Well, I'm 110% sure! The guy is a bum. He's the worst coach at Florida since the 70's. As others have pointed out, ANY Division 1 coach could accomplish what he's done at UF....and I'm not talking about driving the program into mediocrity. I'm talking about his winning percentage. If you want to keep him, he's yours. I'd prefer we wash our hands of him and move on. If we suffer next year, so be it. I'm certain w/ our returning roster (if don't have a dozen transfers) that we'll be an 8-4 team or better with ANY proven head football coach that is brought in. I'm NOT certain we'd be 8-4 or better if this clown is retained. Sorry to burst your unrealistic bubble....

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n101738 said:
So, the ALL TIME leader in passing yards at the University of Florida gets a "somewhat" ? I will never understand peoples perception of Leak. It must be because one half of his playing career was spent with the Zooker.

I concur! The majority of Gator fans appreciate and respect Leak for what he accomplished. I hope he realizes that only a few left-fielders view him in such a way. He won us a NC and did so with class. Nothing else needs to be said!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n101768 said:
That's pretty sad considering we would have just beat a hated in state rival. Could our hatred for Muschamp possibly be worse than our hatred for f$u?

In some cases, yes. There are some praying that we lose to USCe, this week. One guy told me that, "Sometimes, you have to put that beloved pet down.". It totally blew me away.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n102446 said:
I concur! The majority of Gator fans appreciate and respect Leak for what he accomplished. I hope he realizes that only a few left-fielders view him in such a way. He won us a NC and did so with class. Nothing else needs to be said!
Leak was a great QB who managed to perform well despite two sets of poor offensive coaches. No, Leak wasn't a running back meant for the option. Neither was Wuerffel, Spurrier, Payton Manning, Tom Brady and a thousand other real QBs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n102447 said:
In some cases, yes. There are some praying that we lose to USCe, this week. One guy told me that, "Sometimes, you have to put that beloved pet down.". It totally blew me away.
I don't think people hate Chimp, they hate what Chimp has done to our team.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Law98gator;n102953 said:
I don't think people hate Chimp, they hate what Chimp has done to our team.

I just want him to go away, far far away from our program. I don't even care if he becomes the next Bobby Bowden and stays at that program for 40 more years and wins more games than anyone ever has. He's gangrene here and the only cure is to cut it out and move on.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n102447 said:

I have heard something similar buts its rare to hear someone actually wants a loss. I did hear people say after Missouri that they hoped we beat Georgia and that it was a different team that beat us to seal Muschamp's fate but I think they are really surprised how much better we are playing now and talking of upsets over FSU etc.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are we still basing on how much better we're playing on the Vandy game? A Spurrier or Meyer team would have beaten them by 50 and had all the starters out by the 3rd quarter. The UGA game was an anomaly - a 60-rush game in which the defense never adjusted, one of the worst defensive coaching performances of all time.

I think the USC game this weekend is going to be a MUCH more difficult win than you guys seem to believe.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;102978 said:
Are we still basing on how much better we're playing on the Vandy game? A Spurrier or Meyer team would have beaten them by 50 and had all the starters out by the 3rd quarter. The UGA game was an anomaly - a 60-rush game in which the defense never adjusted, one of the worst defensive coaching performances of all time. I think the USC game this weekend is going to be a MUCH more difficult win than you guys seem to believe.
I can see that, but I also think you are giving their defense far too much credit. They lost to UT at home. Hell we almost beat them with KT playing qb half the time last year and their d has only gotten worse, far worse

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n102978 said:
Are we still basing on how much better we're playing on the Vandy game? A Spurrier or Meyer team would have beaten them by 50 and had all the starters out by the 3rd quarter. The UGA game was an anomaly - a 60-rush game in which the defense never adjusted, one of the worst defensive coaching performances of all time.

I think the USC game this weekend is going to be a MUCH more difficult win than you guys seem to believe.

I agree about SC being a tough game probably but I am sure some people will bring up the close calls with Vandy we had in the past. I think SC will score enough on us to get a better gauge of our own offense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think USC is going to score a boatload of points on us, frankly. I think Spurrier is going to air it out all over the freaking place. Knowing how bad his defense is he's going to extremely aggressive scoring points early. If we get behind, it's a whole different story for a true freshman QB and this ultra-conservative offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n102978 said:

Imo, it shouldn't be. Saturday is a huge litmus test for the direction of the program. There is nothing right now that indicates that it should be a game we lose. We are trending, they are fading. We have an improving offense, they have a struggling defense. We're still playing to have a decent season, and are still technically in the East race, they are not. And of course, we're at home, while they have to deal with the Swamp.

To be clear, a win doesn't completely remedy our situation, imo. But a team that is truly headed in the right direction, no longer has the liability of Driskel at QB, and is focused on winning their remaining games, comes away with a victory against this Usce team. Anything less would be impossible to defend. We can't play VU every week, nor can we hope to sneak up on opponents and hope they fail to respond. At some point, we have to be able to line up against a respectable opponent, with some talent of their own, and out-coach and out-play them. This is an opportunity to do that.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I think our d will hold up strong. Pressure Thompson and he will make mistakes. Our secondary is far superior to their wideouts, and Davis a middle of the road sec RB. Spurrier had to show his hand with Pharoh or whatever his name is to beat the vols, which they couldn't do

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n102984 said:
Imo, it shouldn't be. Saturday is a huge litmus test for the direction of the program. There is nothing right now that indicates that it should be a game we lose. We are trending, they are fading. We have an improving offense, they have a struggling defense. We're still playing to have a decent season, and are still technically in the East race, they are not. And of course, we're at home, while they have to deal with the Swamp.
Perhaps, but I have more faith in Steve Spurrier than that. This is a big game for him personally and he's had an extra week to prepare. People have written him off - do you think he hasn't noticed? When you back a legendary coach like him into a corner he's going to try to fight his way out of it. I don't see this as an easy win at all. Not at all.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n102987 said:
Perhaps, but I have more faith in Steve Spurrier than that. This is a big game for him personally and he's had an extra week to prepare. When you back a legendary coach like him into a corner he's going to try to fight his way out of it. I don't see this as an easy win at all. Not at all.

Few SEC wins are easy. My point is that we can just about pencil in 6 wins each season. We can't gasp any time we see an opponent with a pulse. Imo, that's when we've reached a point where a change is 100% in order. I don't expect Spurrier to go quietly, and touched on that earlier this week. It will likely be a battle. But it's also a game we absolutely can and should win. A loss signals that any "improvements" have been a complete facade, and we're no different than we've been. It's time to start thinking like UF again. I'm somewhat willing to let the season play out. But at this point, and especially with this USce team, we should be able to smoke them at home. If we can't beat them, then it becomes clear that this is what we have and it will not improve.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law was right. You are the new Tennessee. You're being comically delusional morphing into Volunteer fans who think one or two victories has us on the way to another National Championship. You are NOT a great team by any measure. Last year you lost to lowly Georgia Southern and this year you suffered a horrible beat down before home fans at the Swamp. These unprecedented humiliating losses would be almost impossible under Visor Boy or Meyer. Face the facts, Will the Thrill is a second rate head coach, Freon Harris is a 10,000 miles from being Tim Tebow and Florida winning the SEC championship is about a likely as Phil Fulmer just saying no to jelly donuts.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Alvin York;n103049 said:
Law was right. You are the new Tennessee. You're being comically delusional morphing into Volunteer fans who think one or two victories has us on the way to another National Championship. You are NOT a great team by any measure. Last year you lost to lowly Georgia Southern and this year you suffered a horrible beat down before home fans at the Swamp. These unprecedented humiliating losses would be almost impossible under Visor Boy or Meyer. Face the facts, Will the Thrill is a second rate head coach, Freon Harris is a 10,000 miles from being Tim Tebow and Florida winning the SEC championship is about a likely as Phil Fulmer just saying no to jelly donuts.

Again, why are you even here??

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n103049 said:
:bananawave:

Keep your pathetic Vol nose out of family business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.