Could someone please remind me who the short list names were when we hired Muschamp?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
None, to my knowledge. In fact, I think Foley admitted he didn't even interview anyone else.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Mullen and Strong were probably on it, maybe we contacted Stoops as well. Can’t remember who were all the hot names now, maybe Peterson from Boise St as well?

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
None, to my knowledge. In fact, I think Foley admitted he didn't even interview anyone else.
I meant the media speculated short list. Or the message board fodder. Or even 20/20 hindsight who should have been hired

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
No one other than Muschamp was contacted. It was honestly a worse hire than Butters.

Don’t know if he was a worse hire than Mac, at least Champ could recruit some and wasn’t a lazy piece of s**t. He was stubborn with the offense and still is. Mac on the other hand was supposed to be an offensive guru and his offenses were just as bad as Champs.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Bob Stoops maybe?
I’m trying to think of a young up & comer that in hindsight we should have hired. Like the way we should have hired James Franklin or Mullen after Champ went 4-8.

Yes, Stoops, but he wasn’t taking it

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t know if he was a worse hire than Mac, at least Champ could recruit some and wasn’t a lazy piece of s**t. He was stubborn with the offense and still is. Mac on the other hand was supposed to be an offensive guru and his offenses were just as bad as Champs.
There was a lot of talent on the roster, but Foley hires a guy that wanted to completely change the identity of the offense and the culture. It was a disaster with our personnel and the fans hated it, too. It completely destroyed the program and it was significantly worse when Butters took over than when Muschamp took over.

Butters was a worse coach, but Muschamp was a worse hire.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
I say Champ was worse. Mac could have been decent if Grier never got popped for roids. Muschamp just sucked.

Like I always say, who do you blame more, your friend who drove your car into the ditch, or the friend who tried to get it out but couldn’t?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac on the other hand was supposed to be an offensive guru and his offenses were just as bad as Champs.
Sharkfvkker and Nussdrunk are exactly the kind of OC that Will Duncecap pined for.

No one has ever called Butters an offensive guru except some board pumper fantasyland types.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
There was a lot of talent on the roster, but Foley hires a guy that wanted to completely change the identity of the offense and the culture. It was a disaster with our personnel and the fans hated it, too. It completely destroyed the program and it was significantly worse when Butters took over than when Muschamp took over.

Champ didn’t leave good personnel on offense, no doubt. Left a hell of a defense though. It’s like splitting hairs to me, I believe Mac wanted to try to be Bama 2.0 as well.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

We were known for speed and getting pushed around. People were asking for something other than a scat back. It was either a decent (not Harvey decent) gain or nothing was my recollection the last year.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I say Champ was worse. Mac could have been decent if Grier never got popped for roids. Muschamp just sucked.

Like I always say, who do you blame more, your friend who drove your car into the ditch, or the friend who tried to get it out but couldn’t?
I blame foley for letting chump drive in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.