Cowboys WR wrecks Lambo, arrested drunk on bike

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy wins the dumb*ss of the year award.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-public-intoxication-after-lamborghini-crash/
d3a828873dc02bf0510bbaa5929eb8ad.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bears LB Lance Briggs wrecked a brand-new Lambo a decade ago and left it on the expressway, presumably while he waited for the alcohol to get out of his system. He was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

While I'm not condoning the obvious attempt to evade a stiffer charge, at least Briggs had the presence of mind to stay safe.

This jabroni goes riding around his neighborhood on a bike at 4 in the morning. :facepalm:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is lucky they didn't nail him for DUI on the bicycle as they have done that in FL quite a few times to people if they were in the road or on the sidewalk riding one drunk. It definitely pays to leave your vehicle apparently if you arent involved in an accident that causes bad injuries to another driver. A lot of people seem to avoid DUIs that way.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
He is lucky they didn't nail him for DUI on the bicycle as they have done that in FL quite a few times to people if they were in the road or on the sidewalk riding one drunk. It definitely pays to leave your vehicle apparently if you arent involved in an accident that causes bad injuries to another driver. A lot of people seem to avoid DUIs that way.

For sure he's lucky, I originally was thinking that would be the case. I really don't see what makes this a huge deal. Yeah he's an idiot for driving intoxicated and even more so for wrecking into a dang pole! But to him it's just a car and he made a smart move by leaving the vehicle. They can't prove he was intoxicated while driving the vehicle, only that he left the scene. Texas is probably much more relaxed about laws toward stuff like that than Florida has become.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For sure he's lucky, I originally was thinking that would be the case. I really don't see what makes this a huge deal. Yeah he's an idiot for driving intoxicated and even more so for wrecking into a dang pole! But to him it's just a car and he made a smart move by leaving the vehicle. They can't prove he was intoxicated while driving the vehicle, only that he left the scene. Texas is probably much more relaxed about laws toward stuff like that than Florida has become.

In FL I don't think its a big felony charge unless you injure someone badly and leave the scene. Now that charge can get you what DUI Manslaughter can get you - up to 15 years. They did that because so many people were avoiding major charges in that scenario by fleeing the scene.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's not out of the woods by any stretch. He faces a misdemeanor charge for leaving the scene of an accident not to mention whatever the NFL chooses to add on top of it.

Ironically, the Cowboys are the least of his concerns -- for the moment. They just resigned him to a four-year deal.

Want a laugh? Williams' account of his actions.

ed1917332c5e723f55bd3d63ea29b56d.jpg

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Doering did this not too long ago in Gville. He wrecked his mercedes into a big neighborhood sign in Haile where he lives. He left before anybody saw him and i think he avoided the dui. I seriously dislike people driving under the influence. But i also like when people avoid getting arrested when they probably don't need to be arrested.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The 2017 Aventador -- a car that MSRPs "starting at" $399,500 -- that Williams wrapped around a telephone pole.
fad54373ffa2d2f6d19c12bec2e09046.jpg
c26d7b1e1fc893733331af534ebb8974.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The 2017 Aventador -- a car that MSRPs "starting at" $399,500 -- that Williams wrapped around a telephone pole.
fad54373ffa2d2f6d19c12bec2e09046.jpg
c26d7b1e1fc893733331af534ebb8974.jpg
Who’d pay that for a car with a stripe not even in the middle?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
When I read about this guy riding the electric bike, the first thing I thought about was “Dumb & Dumber” when Jim Carrey trades the van for the scooter straight up. :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When I read about this guy riding the electric bike, the first thing I thought about was “Dumb & Dumber” when Jim Carrey trades the van for the scooter straight up.
Supposedly he used the electric scooter as the getaway vehicle, leading to the question: How did he fit THAT in a Lamborghini?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ironically, the Cowboys are the least of his concerns -- for the moment. They just resigned him to a four-year deal.

Want a laugh? Williams' account of his actions.

Cap hit for the deal he signed before last season not so big.... some were saying he was on the bubble before the accident. Depending on how the NFL views it and the terms of his contract, they might be able to cut him with no penalty now to due to conduct clause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb