Founding Member
Liberal infested organizations over stepping their authority... novel :lmao2:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with every word. They can penalize for violating practice or recruiting rules. Or cheating on the field.

But academic or any non-athletic issues should be handled by the school, conference, or whatever governing body/agency.
Where you fail to make the connection is that when teams use players that should’ve been academically ineligible due to fraudulent activities, they are cheating “on the field”.
The difference, as I understand it, between UNC and ND is that UNC arranged cupcake classes for players but allowed access to all students (supposedly) while ND had a member of the football staff doing coursework for players.
All that said...f*ck the NCAA.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where you fail to make the connection is that when teams use players that should’ve been academically ineligible due to fraudulent activities, they are cheating “on the field”.
The difference, as I understand it, between UNC and ND is that UNC arranged cupcake classes for players but allowed access to all students (supposedly) while ND had a member of the football staff doing coursework for players.
All that said...f*ck the NCAA.

I guess my point on it is - OK - they have stripped the wins from ND. What does that even mean? Let the educational institutions strip themselves and penalize themselves. Academic fraud will get their conference membership revoked.

If they have coaches paying players/handlers (directly or indirectly) or violating fair competition rules, then penalize them in the sport. That’s their authority.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Then start a thread about ND being a bunch of hypocritical backstabbers...I will support you. There article on the NCAA is spot on and needed to be said.

My comments are directly related to the topic of this thread and it started with me stating that i agree with them.
If I was to follow your suggestion, it would be followed by immediate requests to merge the two threads.

I am sorry if a slight deviation from a topic throws you off

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to see the P5 schools break away from the NCAA.

I'm not sure how Title IX works, but if the other non-revenue sports stayed within the NCAA and the revenue sports broke away and had their own governing body I wonder if schools would be bound to the same Title IX rules (i.e. would schools have to keep the mandate of having equal scholarships for men and woman - when football, w/ 85 scholarships, kills the opportunity for most schools having multiple men's sports such as soccer, wrestling, lacrosse, etc, sports that most schools have for woman).

There's some great reading online about this very topic.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016_Inclusion_Forum_Title_IXs_Legal_Arena_20160426.pdf

You can go right to the part of why they can do it. Not sure if it will hold up if/when(unsure if it's been challenged yet).

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
When I saw the vid of Copelands mom get up and walk off the first thing I thought was there is a woman that just lost a ton of payoff money. NCAA is a joke from stem to stern, rotten to the core and everybody knows it.

Two days after NSD, I was in a barbershop in West Pensacola having my curly locks trimmed. In walks a gentleman unknown to me, and suddenly all the clippers stopped.. One of the barbers says "whats up with your boys mother, why did she walk out like that..
The gentleman says "Well, she's doing OK now, but the story I heard is that cost her 500k"! Now I don't know that any of that is true, and I'm probably assuming facts not in evidence, but that is the story I heard the man tell.. Obviously that's a truncated version...

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Didn't the SOW pretty much skate on all their academic cheating crap? Oh hell I forgot they're one of the "Golden Boys".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.