Crappy topic (septic drainfield)

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well think about it this way when considering houses that are on septic...
I would think greywater would be better directly going onto the ground and then through the soil and into the aquifer versus going into a tank full of poop, pee, grease and household chemicals then into the drainfield which puts in back into the aquifer, right? Environmentalist often over think a problem until they create something worse imo....

Drainfield water doesn't?

I'm not going to bore you here but neither are good solutions, and the alternative is worse (think streets of San Francisco). Effluents from the toilet and other drains in the home may not be any more contaminated than grey water. All discharges contain not only bacteria, but a lot of deadly pathogens. Both carry chemicals, detergents, grease, lint, plastic balls from toothpaste, exfoliated skin cells, on and on. The septic tank separates and contains the solids and is supposed to allow the good organisms to convert the solid wastes to a less dangerous product that can be shipped to Alabama :whistle: along with all the other toxic wastes we generate, unless the anti-bacterial chemicals in the soaps and detergents kill them before they can do their job. This promotes the bio-mat problem. The septic tank and drain field system sucks but people that live in areas without proper sewer treatment have to do something. So does applying fertilizer and weed killing chemicals on our lawns. It all eventually ends up in our drinking water or into the lakes and oceans (food supply). I guess we are still light years ahead of vast areas of this planet. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/daily-waste-indias-urban-streets-9364812

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
IMG_3903.jpeg
New chamber system dug and installed....man it was a pain in the ass digging out 3 irrigation valves and taking the mainline back to the other side of the front yard before they came in to do this but I saved 2 whole zones from having to be relayed....now I just have to have the main reattached and run across the yard put in a new valve and zone for the one I couldn't save and hook the other 2 back up....I also marked the location of all the sprinkler heads that I took out with silver spray paint.....Once all that is done my new pavers are ready to go across the top and new sod and plants for the rest of the area will follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.