Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How bout the AD call Mac and tell him to get his team under control or he's fired. Whatever Mac's telling these kids it ain't working. It all starts with him.
I cant believe we just flushed 5-6 million dollars giving extensioms to this staff.

by the way I'm hearing this is still just the tip of the iceberg.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I cant believe we just flushed 5-6 million dollars giving extensioms to this staff.

How deep could this possibly run? There's no way (or so I'd think) the admin didn't realize if 20+ guys all reported their card stolen and kept doing this. After the 10th one you'd think they'd have nipped this in the bud.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How deep could this possibly run? There's no way (or so I'd think) the admin didn't realize if 20+ guys all reported their card stolen and kept doing this. After the 10th one you'd think they'd have nipped this in the bud.
Hence the problem. First and foremost giving them extra thousands-- rumors are that it is up to 5000 and that some have done it more than one semester-- are extra benefits. And failing to notice that dozens of them were doing it is potentially lack of institutional control. the question is just how many get indicted it's how many will be ineligible through the NCAA. Remember that Sharif Floyd had to sit our three games for far less money.

The investigation is going to take a while, but I've heard there are many more who have reported their cards stolen.

I guess you can always hope it was just some weird coincidence and that the store video will look like someone other than those players.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
hence the problem. First and foremost giving them extra thousands-- I'm hearing up to 5000 and that some have done it more than one semester-- is extra benefits. And failing to notice that dozens of them were doing it is potentially lack of institutional control. the question is just how many get indicted it's how many will be ineligible through the NCAA.

If you really have a source, wouldn't that source have told you Franks was the starter? I want to know who you are "hearing" this from.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I guess nobody's liver will be getting a break this season.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Nothing would shock me with these guys. I wouldn't doubt if it comes out that one if the coaches told them to do it and we get into the whole lack of institutional control thing.

These coaches are undisciplined, they're players are undisciplined and I'm ready to flush the McElwain experiment now. My only hope is that we bring someone in that can build a relationship with Corral and Co. in time to keep him on board. If not we're looking at another 5 years before we're competitive again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you really have a source, wouldn't that source have told you Franks was the starter? I want to know who you are "hearing" this from.
Im hearing it from the voices in my head.

The people I'm talking to don't know anything about starters, dummy.

Besides, yesterday Butterteeth was saying that he wasn't going to name a starter so he could be clever and confuse Michigan. Today he names one to change the subject. Even you should be able to put two and two together on that.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing would shock me with these guys. I wouldn't doubt if it comes out that one if the coaches told them to do it and we get into the whole lack of institutional control thing.

These coaches are undisciplined, they're players are undisciplined and I'm ready to flush the McElwain experiment now. My only hope is that we bring someone in that can build a relationship with Corral and Co. in time to keep him on board. If not we're looking at another 5 years before we're competitive again.

Little bit of stretch there IMO

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Little bit of stretch there IMO
head_in_sand.jpg

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I've read the posts about leniency at colleges, but I do not believe Mac is anything else but a stand up coach. He told these kids parents that he was going to take care of their kids and that means coaching them in life as well as in football.
The players suspended for the credit cards are indefinitely suspended until they make restitution and whether their parents pay for it or not, it will be a life lesson.
Worse for the suspended players is if other players step up and more than fill the void. That will give another player an incredible opportunity.
Even worse for the team is that Mac as well as the whole team will probably take a lot of heat from the football world about discipline. I am certain these kids just thought they would get away with it, but they let their coach and teammate down. If they have a conscience, they will turn it around, and if they don't, they should ride the pine or leave.
Suspending 10 players is tough, but Mac is showing their families that he will coach their sons to learn from their mistakes. Even if Mac thought the Gators could get away with it, playing a player with a known problem could hurt the entire Gator Nation. Hopefully, the kids will understand that there are consequences for their actions and they may hurt more people than just themselves including their football family. As I stated, if they don't understand that,do we want them around?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Spin it any way you like, one thing is a definite, Mac does NOT have the respect of a sizable portion of our team. This is no Championship team. What a disappointment 2 days out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spin it any way you like, one thing is a definite, Mac does NOT have the respect of a sizable portion of our team. This is no Championship team. What a disappointment 2 days out.
There will be a few attempts at turd polishing the next few days but things get ugly on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.