Cristobal leaving Bama?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-mario-cristobal-could-be-leaving-alabama/
I know it was speculated a week or two ago, looks like some real smoke now. Leatherwood better take a real hard look at what he wants.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I know it was speculated a week or two ago, looks like some real smoke now. Leatherwood better take a real hard look at what he wants.
The recruits already know about these coaching changes, likely the reason Leatherwood was at the Gator game and delayed his EE. Like mentioned in the other thread, I have a feeling he checks his bags in Gainesville today and completely shuts the door and any Saban voodoo

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed! He needs to step back and make his own mind up instead of letting that 4 foot midget in Tuscaloosa do it for him.
How completely f'd would he feel if he got pressured to go there and then his coach leaves.

If I had gone through this, my dad would have asked what school I liked best and wanted to go to. Then he'd tell me to let the coaches know, and if they didn't like it they could pound sand. Too bad it doesn't sound like he has that kind of influence

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing how Cristobal was the reason Leatherwood gave for wanting to go to Bama, this could open his recruitment back up if Cristobal leaves. However, if anyone thinks we'll land Cristobal as a coach, they should immediately be institutionalized. Best case scenario, Cristobal goes to Oregon, and we land Leatherwood.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
How completely f'd would he feel if he got pressured to go there and then his coach leaves.

If I had gone through this, my dad would have asked what school I liked best and wanted to go to. Then he'd tell me to let the coaches know, and if they didn't like it they could pound sand. Too bad it doesn't sound like he has that kind of influence
Man...a couple of guys I grew up with and played ball with (in Pensacola and Crestview area both are HS coaches now) say that this kid is just actually scared of the Bama staff and they basically run his life for him. They say he really likes UF but the people around him are constantly in his ear pushing him to Bama. It's a damn shame that these kids can't make their own decisions anymore. Smh!!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounded like Taggart may be offering co-oc or better?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
However, if anyone thinks we'll land Cristobal as a coach, they should immediately be institutionalized. Best case scenario, Cristobal goes to Oregon, and we land Leatherwood.
Why is that, curious to think why you believe we're crazy when the first report was UF? You think he wants to work for Taggert across the country living in Oregon when he has never been further west than Tuscaloosa and knows nothing but SEC football for the last 4 years?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man...a couple of guys I grew up with and played ball with (in Pensacola and Crestview area both are HS coaches now) say that this kid is just actually scared of the Bama staff and they basically run his life for him. They say he really likes UF but the people around him are constantly in his ear pushing him to Bama. It's a damn shame that these kids can't make their own decisions anymore. Smh!!!
Could be a reason we seem to be seeing so many transfers lately. Definitely sucks they don't feel like they can go where they are most comfortable.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

I agree with your point but it's easy to say that as an adult and not viewing things through the eyes of an 18 year old. I imagine it would be very difficult to stand up to Saban and the Alabama coaching staff as they gang up on you and play the guilt card.

My question is how these conversations are happening if we are currently in a dead period of recruiting. So players can call coaches but coaching staffs can't contact players? Is that how it works? Even if that's the case how dors the Alabama staff allegedly continue calling Leatherwood on his way to the Outback Bowl as was reported?

I realize this all may be speculative recruiting talk completely unfounded in reality.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I agree with your point but it's easy to say that as an adult and not viewing things through the eyes of an 18 year old. I imagine it would be very difficult to stand up to Saban and the Alabama coaching staff as they gang up on you and play the guilt card.

My question is how these conversations are happening if we are currently in a dead period of recruiting. So players can call coaches but coaching staffs can't contact players? Is that how it works? Even if that's the case how dors the Alabama staff allegedly continue calling Leatherwood on his way to the Outback Bowl as was reported?

I realize this all may be speculative recruiting talk completely unfounded in reality.
Alabama does whatever they want and have been doing so since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa. The rules don't apply to them as long as Mark Emmert heads the NCAA.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Lets bring him in as co OC and pay him a little under Nussnuts. That gives him a good raise and he is here to take over the OC job next year.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Screenshot_2017-01-04-10-54-46.png
Strickland is going to have to open up the wallet and make him say no. Alabama pays asst coaches better than anyone and if we TRULY want to get back on top we need to outbid these F*ckers. Jimbo negotiated "Bama like resources" into his latest contract and is fixing to get them so it's time to for the UF Administration to stop being cheap bastards and "Pony up"

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why is that, curious to think why you believe we're crazy when the first report was UF? You think he wants to work for Taggert across the country living in Oregon when he has never been further west than Tuscaloosa and knows nothing but SEC football for the last 4 years?
When was the last true dynamite assistant coaching hire we made? Not only that, we'd be ripping him away from what is far and away the best program in the country with the deepest pockets.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Cristobal and Locksley will be Gators the morning of the 10th, book it!

That would be great but I have not seen any evidence for both. Cristobal is wanted to stay at Bama, and has another alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb