Cristobal leaving Bama?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I agree with your point but it's easy to say that as an adult and not viewing things through the eyes of an 18 year old. I imagine it would be very difficult to stand up to Saban and the Alabama coaching staff as they gang up on you and play the guilt card.

My question is how these conversations are happening if we are currently in a dead period of recruiting. So players can call coaches but coaching staffs can't contact players? Is that how it works? Even if that's the case how dors the Alabama staff allegedly continue calling Leatherwood on his way to the Outback Bowl as was reported?

I realize this all may be speculative recruiting talk completely unfounded in reality.

The dead period does not apply to players who have signed some paper is my understanding.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I guess times have changed since I was 18, but back then nobody was telling me where to go to school. On the contrary I had people telling me where I couldn't go to school because I wasn't good enough, and I proved them all wrong. If these reports that bama is telling this kid what he's going to do have any truth to them, then that's pretty pathetic on his and his family's part IMO. You're a big strong kid, nut up.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I guess times have changed since I was 18, but back then nobody was telling me where to go to school. On the contrary I had people telling me where I couldn't go to school because I wasn't good enough, and I proved them all wrong. If these reports that bama is telling this kid what he's going to do have any truth to them, then that's pretty pathetic on his and his family's part IMO. You're a big strong kid, nut up.

:violin:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is happening guys. Think about it:

- Mac says we will be more physical up front
- Leatherwood is having second thoughts
- Summers is interviewing at USCe

Good times ahead boys!

I hope.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just trying to highlight the differences between generations, no sympathy needed though I appreciate your concern for my well being :)

:lol: I'm happy for you dude. Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to use that gif (doesn't get enough play)

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Are we still paying Muschamp? Can we afford to hire big time assistant/coaches now?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
View attachment 4707
Strickland is going to have to open up the wallet and make him say no. Alabama pays asst coaches better than anyone and if we TRULY want to get back on top we need to outbid these F*ckers. Jimbo negotiated "Bama like resources" into his latest contract and is fixing to get them so it's time to for the UF Administration to stop being cheap bastards and "Pony up"

Let me see his options are Oregon, stay at Bama , or come to us.
Oregon and Bama will write him a blank check and we will probably offer him a book of coupons. He ain't coming here. If you ain't willing to spend lots of money in today's college football, it's hard to be elite. Fsu has the " do and spend whatever it takes to win attitude " that lacks at Florida. I'm afraid that they will be dominating us for many, many years to come. But hey at least we got women's softball and gymnastics.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Oregon and Bama will write him a blank check and we will probably offer him a book of coupons. He ain't coming here. If you ain't willing to spend lots of money in today's college football, it's hard to be elite. Fsu has the " do and spend whatever it takes to win attitude " that lacks at Florida. I'm afraid that they will be dominating us for many, many years to come. But hey at least we got women's softball and gymnastics.
Anyone have data for the amount of $ spent by UF and our competitors on football? Universities definitely do not all use the same sources and financial structures, so it may be hard to produce accurate information.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If he doesn't we'll know that nothing has changed and that the UF Administration isn't willing to spend the money to get the top asst coaches in here to help us get back on top.

I'm fully expecting us to hire just one asst coach and retain the bums we currently have on staff now. Like you said...we just aren't willing to do what is takes to be on top anymore and that's the main reason i'm not renewing my season tickets or making my yearly donation. Until they prove they are trying to get us back on top they won't get another dollar out of me. Hopefully they'll prove everyone wrong this off-season...we'll see!

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Oregon and Bama will write him a blank check and we will probably offer him a book of coupons. He ain't coming here. If you ain't willing to spend lots of money in today's college football, it's hard to be elite.

You are also not considering the Saban discount, he will always be under his thumb and never able to do anything he wants to do, just look at Lane. Oregon, ehhh, might pay better but hes an SEC guy and has never been further west than Bama.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just ran across this: UF rushed for the least yards this year than it has in over a decade.

I don't know if we land Cristobal but I truly don't believe Summers will be back next year. Only way he does come back is if UF doesn't give Mac the money he needs to go out and hire someone better.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The dead period does not apply to players who have signed some paper is my understanding.

You're sort of right. You can still have telephone contact during a dead period. Just no face-to-face. Also you can have unlimited contact if you have signed the financial paperwork. Which he did since he is an early enrollee.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You're sort of right. You can still have telephone contact during a dead period. Just no face-to-face. Also you can have unlimited contact if you have signed the financial paperwork. Which he did since he is an early enrollee.

My post was not that specific since I did not know the actual paper. But I was correct.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014

We have a new A.D. What he does, and/or what he allows/pushes Mac to do, is his first big test.

Step up to the Big Time. Or don't. His choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator