Cristobal leaving Bama?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man...I'd be happy as hell if that happened! Hopefully we know something by the end of the week.
I don't think that scenario would happen, but I think that's the hope. We'll find out if Stricklin is a cheap skate soon enough.

As far as slow playing, my hope is that they are holding back to announce to the recruits and get some momentum going. Try to get a couple to pop this weekend.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How can you call anyone an "elite recruiter" at Bama? Everyone looks like a great recruiter there. It's a powerhouse, dynasty program.

Someone with an IQ of less than 50 could recruit there all day long.
I could be wrong, but I think Cristobal had a good reputation at miami as well. I'm sure you'll reply that miami should recruit itself, but I think we all know that isn't necessarily the case

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I still think good shot that we land him and Locks. Unless MC goes to Oregon. If anyone else were the leading candidates they would have already been announced.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Same as me. You posted a football scoop article.

I'm not "calling you out", I was just asking.
Naw...I haven't seen that article yet. I'm going to look for it now. I just ran across this on twitter though Screenshot_2017-01-08-14-38-59.png
Looks like Mac is going to have to fire summers because USC doesn't want him!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-mario-cristobal-could-be-leaving-alabama/
Haven't seen the article you posted to start the thread???

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Crap, oh well. If MC is available Mac had better make a spot.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cristobal may see an opportunity with our young line to further his reputation. They could make a big jump next year

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Haven't seen the article you posted to start the thread???
I'm saying I haven't seen the one that says Cristobal to Oregon. Afterall that is what I posted above and that you are talking $hit about...correct? You might want to re-read post #53 and I'll wait on the article you claim to have saw on FootballScoop that says anything resembling what post #53 says!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Locksley and Cristobal would be super but I suspect they are both looking for at least a co-OC job.

Also, they are both great recruiters, and in demand everywhere. The price is high for those kind of coaches, therefore we won't hire them.

FAU just fired a bunch of coaches. Our next guys come from there I suspect.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac may not want to fire Summers. So the delay on announcing a Nord replacement could come down to Cristobal and the Eagles coach. If we get Cristobal and Locksley, I don't care if Summer stays. He's a good coach, just a poor recruiter.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm saying I haven't seen the one that says Cristobal to Oregon. Afterall that is what I posted above and that you are talking $hit about...correct? You might want to re-read post #53 and I'll wait on the article you claim to have saw on FootballScoop that says anything resembling what post #53 says!

Well, the OG article has a paragraph that says:
Oregon head coach Willie Taggart has offered Mario Cristobal a senior staff position, including coaching the offensive line, sources tell FootballScoop.

Unwad your panties a second, I wasn't talking crap I just asked a question and you got all defensive.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac may not want to fire Summers. So the delay on announcing a Nord replacement could come down to Cristobal and the Eagles coach. If we get Cristobal and Locksley, I don't care if Summer stays. He's a good coach, just a poor recruiter.
I could deal with that. NORD has to go IMO.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
How can you call anyone an "elite recruiter" at Bama? Everyone looks like a great recruiter there. It's a powerhouse, dynasty program.

Someone with an IQ of less than 50 could recruit there all day long.

Mac was probably an "elite recruiter " at Bama.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I still think good shot that we land him and Locks. Unless MC goes to Oregon. If anyone else were the leading candidates they would have already been announced.

And I still think there's a good chance Mac screws this opportunity up and we miss out on both guys and keep the same staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator