Crooked Letters: A look Into Ole Miss and the NCAA's piggy bank

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Just shows how these players follow the money and puts a big bullseye on UGA

Yup. UGA is not Bama, and it is only a matter of time before the hammer comes down on them. You're not getting that much talent in back to back classes without doing something that other power programs aren't. When it does come crashing down it will be a joy to behold.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yup. UGA is not Bama, and it is only a matter of time before the hammer comes down on them. You're not getting that much talent in back to back classes without doing something that other power programs aren't. When it does come crashing down it will be a joy to behold.

I hope you’re right but I’m not holding my breath. Georgia has spent a bundle of money building recruiting infrastructure and facilities (as has Bama) and we haven’t. That reason alone may explain why they’ve done better than us on the trail. Throw in Kirby being a well established recruiter with a lot of connections in the South and compare that to our most recent staffs and that may be all the explanation needed here.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Way too long for my attention span, and if the shirts are so important why not explain that first. The NCAA will do whatever it wants, time will expose what exactly that might be.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I read the whole damn thing. It was f'n long. I didn't find out anything new, but it did a very good job of bringing together all the history on the situation up to this point.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can I get the cliff notes version?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
dont need to read the article to know that nothing is going to happen to the dwags. nothing. get used to it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a very interesting book... I mean article. Not sure why it puts a bullseye on uga. I don't recall them being mentioned at all.

I did find it interesting that the MSU player admitted that multiple schools paid him but only Ole Miss got in trouble for it. The reason why is probably because Ole Miss made themselves such a big and easy target for the NCAA, and they doubled down on their innocence while clearly being a dirty program.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I think people confused the Bulldogs reference as UGA, not MSU. There was no UGA in the statement, nor any Bama which would point to Kirby and UGA. No UGA connection at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think people confused the Bulldogs reference as UGA, not MSU. There was no UGA in the statement, nor any Bama which would point to Kirby and UGA. No UGA connection at all.
Much like the sCam Newton thing. People assume, no doubt rightfully so I suspect, that Barn paid sCam. However, the only evidence of actual wrongdoing was a Cowbell alum admitting to offering money but sCam allegedly asking for more.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Much like the sCam Newton thing. People assume, no doubt rightfully so I suspect, that Barn paid sCam. However, the only evidence of actual wrongdoing was a Cowbell alum admitting to offering money but sCam allegedly asking for more.

Just as a reference whom was the Head Coach of MSU when Cam was offered this money? Just wondering for a friend.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.