Crow Thread

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I was hopeful that the talk of improved offensive play would prove to be real. Not a chance. Michigan is a good, but not a great team and they were in control the entire game.

I see no rhythm or insight in the play calling, no creativity in the overall scheme. As others have said, and I now acknowledge, Nussmeier has no history of success as a coordinator at any of his previous jobs.

Was trying to think of a successful coach in any sport that presents themselves as cool, surfer dude. Can't recollect anyone. Most of them are unlikeable control freaks who you wouldn't necessarily want to have dinner with....but they win. Makes me like the way Mike White handles himself with the media even more.

As of right now, I would rather have Mike Leach (or someone like him) in charge and lose games 55-51. Weary of this astoundingly boring Gator offense.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was HOPEFUL for a season of change but INSTEAD we got the SAME OLD GARBAGE. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and that is MAC and NUSS. Michigan has a BRAND NEW DEFENSE and we can't do JACK SQUAT on them??!!??!! PATHETIC!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
No crow, I mo. Don't forget, I see several posters in this thread that were thrilled at the news of Meyer being fired and the entrance of Muschamp and Weis.

You know who you are.
Meyer wasn't fired. He quit on us. Big difference. Its not like we had a choice in the matter. Meyer was gone and we needed a coach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow, where was I when Meyer got fired?

Yeah sorry about that.

7% x 6 + bourbon = that post.

I was going 10 directions with my thoughts, plus drinking. I meant to say there were some that were happy to see him and his sideways offense go. Delivery fail on my part.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly thought we were going in the right direction (incrementally) and this off season would be the turning point. I fully expected a dominate offensive line and a ball control O (to take the heat of the young D) with a few passing plays to keep the natives reasonably happy.

The news of commits following Friday Night Lights seemed a good indicator too.

Then Saturday came.

I did not, in any way, shape or form, see that B.S. of a team in our future.

I was duped. I was duped by a coach telling me the O-Line was the strength of the team.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we would be improved on offense, not a lot, but certainly in the top 100 with potential if the OLine actually played well. I also didn't think the DLine would fall off that bad. I wasn't super optimistic, but I was optimistic. Feel like a sucker right now.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we would be improved on offense, not a lot, but certainly in the top 100 with potential if the OLine actually played well. I also didn't think the DLine would fall off that bad. I wasn't super optimistic, but I was optimistic. Feel like a sucker right now.

I think the D line will shore up if they put Slaton in Campbell in there. Unfortunately if either of those guys cannot play significant minutes – we are going to get shredded by running teams.

If the staff does not get their ass in gear with recruiting the D line this year, it's only going to get compounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.