GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Extreme lack of depth.

And talent.

And coaching.
And heart.

If you listen to Butters he's constantly gripes about players who seemingly don't want to play even if they're cleared medically. How many weeks did he ride Cox saying "it's his choice" and he doesn't know why hes out.

If you listen to his comments in the statement above he sarcastically says "kind of as we talked about, the high-ankle sprains, those are career-ending". Sounds like he thinks those guys could go but are making more out of it than normal.

But this all just goes back to coaching. Why don't the guys want to play? Why can't he motivate them to play? IMO he's lost the locker room.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Please explain to me how we are still so banged up! This team seems to be made out of tissue paper and it seems like it has gone on for a couple of years. Is our strength coach that bad?
Has nothing to do with the strength staff but all to do with piss poor recruiting and a sh*tty offensive coaching staff (Butters included) who can't figure out how to put a competent offense on the field that puts drives together that allows the defense to rest once in awhile instead of being on the field 75% of the time.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Iowa beat Meatchicken and curb-stomped Nebraska so they qualify as a team with a pulse. Butters will trot his usual unprepared gaggle and stand on the sidelines squinting and grinning while getting the shyte beat out of him, again.
Now prove me wrong and act like you give a sh@t Old Yeller

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They may possibly have a worse offense than we do. And these injuries have been expected except for Reese.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've read enough...

XBDqiZZzzbJJK.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After watching Iowa in their last 3 games I just think our defense will fold in the 2nd half against their running game and I don't see our offense doing much against their defense if they play like they did against Nebraska and Michigan late in the season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, all those injuries are on defense. Defense hasn't been our problem this year, or for the last seven. Do we have any major injuries on offense?

As usual, our defense will play good enough for us to win, like it's done all year, regardless of injuries.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Pussies holding out for the draft

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
And heart.

If you listen to Butters he's constantly gripes about players who seemingly don't want to play even if they're cleared medically. How many weeks did he ride Cox saying "it's his choice" and he doesn't know why hes out.

If you listen to his comments in the statement above he sarcastically says "kind of as we talked about, the high-ankle sprains, those are career-ending". Sounds like he thinks those guys could go but are making more out of it than normal.

But this all just goes back to coaching. Why don't the guys want to play? Why can't he motivate them to play? IMO he's lost the locker room.
I think it's The exact opposite. I think The players don't want to risk injury because this staff doesn't know how to deal with the player injury assessment. Just look at LDRs injury or Jarrad Davis. Mac didn't even know LDR was hurt until AFTER the Arky game. Davis rushed back and got hurt again. Also imo this many injuries tells me imo that the players are being either conditioned too much or having too many physical practices and are worn down before the games. Add in Mac berating them and tearing down their self esteem in public which makes it an easier decision for a player to not return if healthy. Mac needs to change his mindset and approach imo. It won't happen though.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Again, all those injuries are on defense. Defense hasn't been our problem this year, or for the last seven. Do we have any major injuries on offense?

As usual, our defense will play good enough for us to win, like it's done all year, regardless of injuries.

They looked like a problem against Tenn, FSU and Bama. We were still in those games when the defense folded. We know the offense sucks.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling their offense will look better than ours on Monday. Just a hunch.

Frankly, I would be shocked if we win this game. Just being honest.

It will be a tale of which teams show up. I feel the same.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The teams similar. Bad offense, good defense with the edge in D going to UF. The edge and not much statistically on O to us. But I have to give the edge on coaching to Ferentz.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The teams similar. Bad offense, good defense with the edge in D going to UF. The edge and not much statistically on O to us. But I have to give the edge on coaching to Ferentz.
Coaching and motivation, to be certain. Our guys always come out flat and look like they don't even want to be there. It's even worse after halftime.

For a team that supposedly loves their coach, they sure don't act like it when the ball is kicked off. I expect to see a bunch of zombies on Monday.

Perhaps if we'd started a freshman it would have added a spark. But no chance of that. :rolleyes3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.