Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
After Saturday's game, I asked myself, why have we fallen sooooo far from when we used to be so good. There is only one good reason, we are cursed.

We have been cursed since Tebow left campus. The beginning of the curse began with Carlos Dunlap and Cam Newton.

Are we being punished by the powers because we were gifted with a once in a lifetime player in Tebow and the powers said "you can have Tebow, and then be banished for 20 years or more. You will be regulated to hiring below average coaches and become irrelevant." We must have made a day with the devil for 4 years of glorious football.

That is the only logical explanation I can come up with for being soooooo incredibly bad since 2009. We are cursed.

But like the Red Sox and the Cubs, they broke their curses!!! Albeit it took 86 years for one and 106 years for the other. But curses can be broken!!!!

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
We're cursed by a big, yellow-toothed ghost!
But he's harmless. He's too lazy to actually scare anyone.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Try Meyer gave up and turned it over to Adazzio and the inmates were running the locker room.

Then Muschump comes in to “Clean Up” the locker room and forgets the “O”. He brings in 3 OC in 4 years and has players playing systems they are not designed for.

Then MacShark and the PBJ crew from Inbred Corners, USA with Coach Excitement Nord and lets the wheels fall off.

Incomes Mullen…He has a bunch of C+ to B- players who now have not trained or practiced hard for 3 years. Can Mullen win with 3-4 star players?…Absolutely. BUT they need to learn you can’t phone it in.

And you play as a team…you don’t try to compensate for your teammate. If they mess up and you try to do more, then BOTH positions are compromised…i.e. OPEN LANES. What was a loss of yards is now a 1st Down.

What was a double team….is now a missed block and your QB just threw an INT.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
After Saturday's game, I asked myself, why have we fallen sooooo far from when we used to be so good. There is only one good reason, we are cursed.

We have been cursed since Tebow left campus. The beginning of the curse began with Carlos Dunlap and Cam Newton.

Are we being punished by the powers because we were gifted with a once in a lifetime player in Tebow and the powers said "you can have Tebow, and then be banished for 20 years or more. You will be regulated to hiring below average coaches and become irrelevant." We must have made a day with the devil for 4 years of glorious football.

That is the only logical explanation I can come up with for being soooooo incredibly bad since 2009. We are cursed.

But like the Red Sox and the Cubs, they broke their curses!!! Albeit it took 86 years for one and 106 years for the other. But curses can be broken!!!!

As I suggested over the weekend in another thread, if UF is cursed, it is the curse of the Head Ball Coach. UF's program has headed downhill since the day UF passed over Spurrier to hire Meyer.

Now I know that some of you really love the Meyer days of recruiting guys like a future triple murder. Meyer certainly won big SOME years, but he continue the rot in the program and his tenure was highly inconsistent. Clearly if you were paying attention the Meyer years were not the great program to be proud of that UF had under Spurrier.

You know the story since then. Meyer left, UF has hired the M,M and M boys consecutively without even seeking out Spurrier and the program has gotten worse and worse OFFENSIVELY. The offensive challenges are to me the fates telling UF that when an Alum is maybe the best coach currently in college football and an excellent offensive coach and you keep snubbing him, you will suffer the consequences.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The only curse I believe in is the one my wife experiences every month..... :headslap:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

86? 106? Not entirely sure that I will live to see the curse end.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Curses that Foley ever got promoted from selling tickets.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
There was a time I thought Meyer sold his soul to the devil to win our two championships, but I've come to realize he sold the soul of gator nation and the bastard left here with his intact.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's the curse of unintelligent coaches circling the UF drain. Smart coaches do not have to work so hard because they see ways & means unintelligent coaches clop right over = could be play scheming, could be getting most out of your coaches, could be spotting players that can spark into stars, could be who & when to fire, to bench, etc. UF endures the curse of HCs who aren't intelligent enough to be insightful, creative, predictive. The CEO part of HC may be the main quality our hires miss out on. UF FB does not have a "wise" organizational structure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator