Gator Baseball CWS: UF whips Texas 6-1

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Top seeded Gators survived a winner take all game in the regionals by defeating FAU and another winner take all game in the Supers by beating Auburn in an unbelievably tension filled 11 inning game to return to Omaha in search of title #2. UF will face a good and hard hitting Texas Tech team who returns to Omaha for the 3rd time in 5 years, their only trips to the CWS. Gators have a much longer history at the CWS and return for the 4th consecutive year led by two 1st round starting pitchers and the 5th overall pick in the draft. Texas Tech had zero baseball history until their current coach arrived and has been a very good program for close to 10 years and has been on the edge of a top 8 seed in recent years.

Plenty of questions for the Gators who never seemed to return to form from how they played the first 3/4 of the season, but they are there so no better time than the present. Will JJ return to lineup ( I'm hearing yes) and if so will it be at 1B? If at first can Girand find any semblance of a bat? After a hot regional hitting against tier 2 pitching, he was clearly overmatched by SEC pitching. Can Dalton shake his Supers funk in the field and a bit at the plate? Can UF stop making silly base running mistakes?

Texas Tech does not flaunt the ERA's that the Gators do but they certainly can hold their own at the plate by taking a look at their batting average and runs scored. So this matchup seems to be an old fashioned pitching vs. hitting, which typically favors pitching. But as we all know there have been plenty of no name pitchers spin gems on big stages.

Should be a great environment for all the teams and hoping that all the experience that many of the players have, that will give the Gators a big edge. GO GATORS!!!!!!

First pitch scheduled for Sunday 7pm ESPN2

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
At this point just win. Don't care how, just win, but I hope theit bats come alive and D gets better just like last year.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Good post FF. I always enjoy great baseball and I worried about fau and au; but it seems the Gators play to their competition. The mid-week let-downs, especially the sweep by ucf, were worrisome, but they show the importance of pitching. With the exception of f$u we play our starters against sec teams on the weekend. The competition is improving, but the cws allows enough time between games to keep our rotation healthy. When we win tonight and Tuesday, we won't have another game until Friday.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Looks like 1st pitch will be delayed quite a bit. ARK-TEX is in the 6th inning and in a weather delay so might be a late nite at TD Ameritrade. Something about NCAA tourney play and Gators that brings out the weather.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like 1st pitch will be delayed quite a bit. ARK-TEX is in the 6th inning and in a weather delay so might be a late nite at TD Ameritrade. Something about NCAA tourney play and Gators that brings out the weather.

We should be used to the weather BS, thus plays in our favor theoretically, especially with a stud like Singer on the mound. But it’s baseball, anything can happen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
ARK-TEX set to resume at about 7:15. So I heard our game will begin 55 minutes after the conclusion of the current game. So I am guessing 9:15-9:30 at the earliest?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
ARK-TEX set to resume at about 7:15. So I heard our game will begin 55 minutes after the conclusion of the current game. So I am guessing 9:15-9:30 at the earliest?
If you can, post when the game is about to start...trying to watch it but got a lot going on to keep checking when it will start ....thanks in advance

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
ARK lead TEX 11-4 headed to the top 9th. 3 more outs and then 55 minutes later Gators will begin. So as of now it looks like 9:45ish sans a huge TEX rally!

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I don't think we have the sticks to win it all this year. We are getting roped and can't string enough hits together to drive in runs of our own.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Lol. What a choke job by Singer. Just like the softball team their arrogance has bitten them in the arse

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Singer is falling apart but our offense and defense has been the real liability. Can't win a 3-2 game if you can't score 3 runs.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow great pitching by that freshman. Sully has a ton of talent and recruits in that Gator pipeline. Sully and the Gators not going anywhere anytime soon...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wow great pitching by that freshman. Sully has a ton of talent and recruits in that Gator pipeline. Sully and the Gators not going anywhere anytime soon...
You do know we lost, right? You're usually the last to realize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.