Gator Baseball CWS: UF whips Texas 6-1

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VERY tough to repeat as Champions in pretty much every sport. These guys have fought hard but I don't think they are as close knit as last years team and I have thought that for almost all season. Say what you want but there are 297 Division 1 College Baseball teams and ONLY 8 make it to the CWS. UF is one of the 8. Not FSU. Not Miami. Not UCF. Not Stetson. Not Stanford, Ole Miss, or Minnesota who have all been ranked in the top 10 ALL year. UF is one of the 8. Great season regardless of the outcome today. Losing hurts yes but still a great season to get to this point and win the SEC Title. Go Gators!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VERY tough to repeat as Champions in pretty much every sport. These guys have fought hard but I don't think they are as close knit as last years team and I have thought that for almost all season. Say what you want but there are 297 Division 1 College Baseball teams and ONLY 8 make it to the CWS. UF is one of the 8. Not FSU. Not Miami. Not UCF. Not Stetson. Not Stanford, Ole Miss, or Minnesota who have all been ranked in the top 10 ALL year. UF is one of the 8. Great season regardless of the outcome today. Losing hurts yes but still a great season to get to this point and win the SEC Title. Go Gators!!
Jeebus. Hopefully all the players will get “Top 8” rings.

You told us all year they were going to repeat and called out anyone who was skeptical. You seem to be backtracking and covering your bases on a potential loss today.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can take all the heat for being a Gator pumper and cheering on the Gators. Go Gators!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators win and advance to play the loser of the ARK-TTECH on Thursday. Kowar was very good after a slow start which caused his pitch count to get up early. Nice to get a win but sadly the Gators played very poor situational baseball (I know broken record). Bases loaded no one out and can't score. Baserunning mistake causes us not to load the bases again. Can't move runners along. vvae to being Byrne in with a SIX run lead b/c Butler could not throw a strike. Yes it is baseball and anything can happen but I do not think anyone who has been watching realistically thinks this team can raise its level to reach the championship series.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Nice win and great pitching from Kowar. The lineup has holes right now with JJ not seeing th ball well (yet) and Girand being an automatic out. But Maldanado broke the ice and India's HR was huge. Leftwich probably gets the start Thursday night and will need to pitch extremely well.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jeebus. Hopefully all the players will get “Top 8” rings.

You told us all year they were going to repeat and called out anyone who was skeptical. You seem to be backtracking and covering your bases on a potential loss today.
Well at the very least we'll have top 5 rings after another team is eliminated tomorrow. :dance:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Arkansas-Texas Tech postponed until tomorrow, looks like a big storm is about to move through. Works well for us considering we get the day off and the loser will have to play back to back days.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It will take a lot of luck and some great pitching to repeat, perhaps that is not too much to ask but with so poor of play at times I declined to watch. Baseball is not my favorite sport and watching us lose makes it unbearable to me. Yes I know weak of mind.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Nice win and great pitching from Kowar. The lineup has holes right now with JJ not seeing th ball well (yet) and Girand being an automatic out. But Maldanado broke the ice and India's HR was huge. Leftwich probably gets the start Thursday night and will need to pitch extremely well.

I said earlier, we're playing with only eight batters. I don't think I've ever seen a position player with a BA this low. .135? Sheesh. Why isn't Matt Damon back there? He can't possibly be more of a liability.

I loved seeing that douchebag Clemens make the last out, but dang, it ain't gonna get any easier. Our guys haven't put together a complete game since Moby Dick was a minnow. I'm a bit confused as to why. Carodozo and Russell on the Gator network were not being very nice in the opening innings. Fight another day though, go play nine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well at the very least we'll have top 5 rings after another team is eliminated tomorrow. :dance:
The Fantastic Five? Make no mistake, I'd be quite happy if our football team was top 5 in the next few years. And there are a lot more div 1 baseball teams than football teams.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nice win. Nice to stick it to Roid Clemens and his punk kid.

Need to drop Schwarz down in the lineup to the 7 or 8 spot. He is far from comfortable at the plate, and his fielding effort today was meh, didn't stretch for a potential DP ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.