D1 - Playoff System...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Top four conference champs at the most. None of those other losers have even the slightest claim.
Don't be a dumb-ASS. Playoffs have never been about who "has a claim". You set criteria such as conference champs, wildcards, etc then you schedule the games and let the chips fall where they may. Playoffs in every sport never guarantee the best team ends up number 1, especially in single elimination, but it does give you a real champion since they will have won it on the field.

It's just like the 3 bears, 4 is too hard, 16 too soft, 8 is just right. It's coming whether you like it or not so might as well get used to the idea.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
You fkkktards just wont stop till you destroy college football

Like it or not this train will not stop and go back. It’s just a matter of time. I predict 6 after the next tv agreement with expansion all the way to 16 eventually. When they realize the lose money on bowls they will push it to 24 like FCS. May take another few decades but that’s where they will end up. March madness is a good example.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't be a dumb-ASS. Playoffs have never been about who "has a claim". You set criteria such as conference champs, wildcards, etc then you schedule the games and let the chips fall where they may. Playoffs in every sport never guarantee the best team ends up number 1, especially in single elimination, but it does give you a real champion since they will have won it on the field.

It's just like the 3 bears, 4 is too hard, 16 too soft, 8 is just right. It's coming whether you like it or not so might as well get used to the idea.
I think you need to re-read his post.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Step 1....get rid of divisions within conferences. Have the two best teams in the conference play for the championship.
Step 2....using the current ranking system, select the top 4 highest ranked conference champions.

Done. The only real thing that currently needs to be addressed is the ability of a team to not win their conference and still go to the playoff. This is the simplest way to make that happen but also mitigate the possibility of an undeserving team squeaking their way in by playing in a weak division and getting a lucky break in a CCG.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. It's coming whether you like it or not so might as well get used to the idea.
the fvvk it is. just because a bunch of Internet shyt heads think so?

3 loss wild card teams

teams that can't even win their division should already be excluded, even more get in w 8 teams

teams will be sitting their starters in November and December

skipping the conference Championship games

basically all the shyt that makes the NFL and college basketball terrible.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
March madness is a good example.
this is exactly what we don't want.

no one gives a **** about basketball until the tournament. why should you care? It's all exhibition games.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
the fvvk it is. just because a bunch of Internet shyt heads think so?

3 loss wild card teams

teams that can't even win their division should already be excluded, even more get in w 8 teams

teams will be sitting there starters in November and December

skipping the conference Championship games

basically all the shyt that makes the NFL and college basketball terrible.
Damn, you've gotten old fast. You're giving corch a run for his money.
:pe:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmm, so la called donkey a dumbass after what IMO was a misread of donkey's post. So I told him to re-read the post.Then donkey gives me a dislike (which I love BTW, but I don't understand it.). Anyway, keep the dislikes coming. The more the better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmm, so la called donkey a dumbass after what IMO was a misread of donkey's post. So I told him to re-read the post.Then donkey gives me a dislike (which I love BTW, but I don't understand it.). Anyway, keep the dislikes coming. The more the better.
You’re welcome.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
normally the dislike rule would be invoked here but yes I did miss read it and I like you so I'll let it slide.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
every single game matters in college football.

when Peyton Manning loses in the third week of September he sits on the sidelines and cries like a baby.

why any of you idiots would want to lose this I don't know.

why you'd want to create a bunch of exhibition games in September and October.

astonishing

we already have a large 8 game playoff. it is the first week of December. that's actually the second round of the playoff. the first round occurs September through November.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

when Peyton Manning loses in the third week of September he sits on the sidelines and cries like a baby.

astonishing
Yeah, I don’t think folks are thinking about anything other than the excitement of the playoffs. They’re not stopping to think about how it will diminish the regular season. Attendance is already a problem for about 90% of teams.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Dislikes from Donkey should be kept in their own category. It's just a passing phase, he's been in a temporary bad mood for the last 3 years or so.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016

astonishing

we already have a large 8 game playoff. it is the first week of December. that's actually the second round of the playoff. the first round occurs September through November.
This times 1,000. The Auburn/Washington, Michigan/Norte Dame, FSU/Va Tech and LSU/Miami games this weekend would all be much less meaningful and as a result much less fun to watch with a 16 team playoff.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This times 1,000. The Auburn/Washington, Michigan/Norte Dame, FSU/Va Tech and LSU/Miami games this weekend would all be much less meaningful and as a result much less fun to watch with a 16 team playoff.
If any one of those teams run the table after an opening loss in a game like that, they’d still be in the current playoffs.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Step 2....using the current ranking system, select the top 4 highest ranked conference champions.

You'll end up with some crappy 3 loss team some years. No thanks.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
If any one of those teams run the table after an opening loss in a game like that, they’d still be in the current playoffs.
True, and that’s the downside of a 4 team playoff. Even so, they’ll have to run the table, which makes every one of their remaining games must wins. Not the case with a 16 team playoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.