Dalton Guthrie hates dogs

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From Sully:
“I also want to mention, that's the best defensive game I think I've ever seen from an infielder with Dalton Guthrie. He made some plays today that were … I don't know, I've never seen anything like it. It was just an amazing day defensively for him. That's probably the biggest reason that we were able to win the game.”

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Those were impressive.
SS tends to be the best all around player on the field on most teams.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hopefully we getting hot with 3 weeks to go

I am hoping the same thing DZ and see both sides after this series. Playing with no Rivera and no India, it was nice to sweep UGA, but this was a must sweep series. UGA is awful, but sweeping on the road against anyone is not easy. Without Guthrie's incredible defense, not sure we win that Sunday game. UGA handed us one of Friday nite by walking 5 guys and hitting 1 all in the 9th inning, but will take it. The schedule sets up great for us on paper as we get an average Ole Miss team at home, then travel to an awful Alabama team and finish at home against UK who has been the biggest surprise in the conference. UK hits a ton and pitching has been very adequate. But we should take no less that 4 or 5 of the next 6 conference games if we are really molding into form. So nice to see JJ hit the ball the right and center field on Sunday. Maybe he is coming around. Hopefully we get to be at full strength the last week of the season and heading into SEC tourney. Would still like to stumble upon 2 more reliable guys in the bullpen. Other than Byrne right now, the pen is barren, but as long as the 3 starters are on their game, this team has a chance against anyone.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I'll be showing those plays to my son. He love playing SS and I told him a good SS had to be able to cover some ground.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Dalton really helped us with those plays on sunday. I know UGA is struggling this year but a sweep on the road is never easy against SEC teams. Our bats were hot at the right time, and the umpire was not doing us any favors by calling our players out on multiple strikes that looked outside the zone to me.

If JJ stays hot this is a different team than the one we saw earlier in the year, folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.