Dalvin Cook - nole$ will be nole$...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
What exactly is an "associate" as it relates to a police report anyway??? I've never seen that category listed on any police report I've looked at. Maybe it's a Tallahassee thing, I dunno.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
I'm thinking it meant to say, an "accessory" or "co-conspirator". Associate implies a subordinate working relationship.

basically, just blowing smoke

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WDWHA?

We'd have to buy more ammo if Cook and JC Jackson were on the same team.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing the illegal stuff going on with FSU players that apparently just gets swept away, covered-up or simply disappears. This house of cards has to collapse at some point, doesn't it?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n137673 said:
Amazing the illegal stuff going on with FSU players that apparently just gets swept away, covered-up or simply disappears. This house of cards has to collapse at some point, doesn't it?

That would be a big fat NOPE, DC. Why would things be any different now or in the near future than they've been for the last 25-30 years. Bowden set the standard which they operate under. The only way it will change is if they somehow fall below .500 on the football field.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n137676 said:
That would be a big fat NOPE, DC. Why would things be any different now or in the near future than they've been for the last 25-30 years. Bowden set the standard which they operate under. The only way it will change is if they somehow fall below .500 on the football field.
It was not too long ago for us to have this many issues with LE...Just saying....be careful of the stone we throw...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The Nolies have been GHBing and raping girls since well before Janikowski.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
AugustaGator;n137678 said:
It was not too long ago for us to have this many issues with LE...Just saying....be careful of the stone we throw...

No way dude, we at our worst have never been half as bad as these guys....It's funny that scUM got all the attention back in the 80's and 90's because FSUX was as bad then or even worse than they were.....Like I said before they have always been as bad or worse than they are now. Bowden just kept it all swept under the rug.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Because you're actually talking about the rule of law and societal ethics. This is no different than paying players in my opinion. For an institution to have law enforcement in their back pockets, which has demonstrably led to players being eligible at one school, that would be ineligible at 99% of the other schools, is cheating. Furthermore, it's against the law, and corrupt. At some point, the FBI will need to investigate all this, since the NCAA seems to have been completely neutered these days.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n137678 said:

But that's the point. UF players were getting popped and suspended for EVERYTHING, regardless of how benign, and admittedly, some serious things. But NOTHING happens to the FSU players, hell, most of it never sees the light of day, and when it does, it simply evaporates. And I'm talking serious stuff; rape, domestic abuse, burglary, grand theft, assault, etc.

Remember when UF players were being punished for things like; throwing a sandwich, driving a scooter around a barricade, driving with a suspended license, barking at a police dog, etc. FSU players prowl the streets and shoot high-powered bee-bee guns at one another, and do thousands of dollars in property damage and NOTHING comes of it. That is one of many examples.

It has to come crashing down at some point, things that are this corrupt can't be sustained.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n137702 said:
No way dude, we at our worst have never been half as bad as these guys....It's funny that scUM got all the attention back in the 80's and 90's because FSUX was as bad then or even worse than they were.....Like I said before they have always been as bad or worse than they are now. Bowden just kept it all swept under the rug.
Whooaaa there cowboy...I am not making an absolute comparison....My statement is too night think we are without sin.

It took Boobie 12-15 years at Half ass U before he was able to truly embarrass the state. Urban was here for what 3 years before the rumors got too thick to ignore any longer. In Urban's short tenure he was coming very close to matching the worse of Boobie's years. We just like to discount certain things. Hell, even under Spurrier, we were contenders for the Fulmer Award.

Now, with Rapies, the bar has been raised. We may have only lost a notch, but who would you put above us in the last 8 years. We have Auburn, Bama, FSU, and who else?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n137711 said:
But that's the point. UF players were getting popped and suspended for EVERYTHING, regardless of how benign, and admittedly, some serious things. But NOTHING happens to the FSU players, hell, most of it never sees the light of day, and when it does, it simply evaporates. And I'm talking serious stuff; rape, domestic abuse, burglary, grand theft, assault, etc.

Remember when UF players were being punished for things like; throwing a sandwich, driving a scooter around a barricade, driving with a suspended license, barking at a police dog, etc. FSU players prowl the streets and shoot high-powered bee-bee guns at one another, and do thousands of dollars in property damage and NOTHING comes of it. That is one of many examples.

It has to come crashing down at some point, things that are this corrupt can't be sustained.
Under Meyer we were getting popped and suspend for EVERYTHING? Really? Are you this far removed from the team? As stated to Concrete...Boobbie's reign took how many years to reach its apex vs. Urban's? And I am speaking of serious stuff...another 3 years of Urban....

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n137758 said:
Under Meyer we were getting popped and suspend for EVERYTHING? Really? Are you this far removed from the team? As stated to Concrete...Boobbie's reign took how many years to reach its apex vs. Urban's? And I am speaking of serious stuff...another 3 years of Urban....

You're seriously comparing the Gainesville PD to the Tallahassee PD and drawing a moral equivalent? Gainesville cops are notoriously harsh and unbending when it comes to UF football players. We're talking about a police department and a university colluding to keep athletes eligible in Tallahassee, FL. That has never been the case in Gainesville. The only way Meyer would be relevant here would be if he had hundreds of incidents where players were getting in trouble and nothing was happening to them. Cite one case under Meyer where a player committed a major crime and it got swept away, never reported, minimized, etc. Hell, we lost Cam Newton because he stole a laptop, and a possible national title left with him. A stolen laptop is absolute peanuts alongside what FSU players are doing.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n137788 said:
You're seriously comparing the Gainesville PD to the Tallahassee PD and drawing a moral equivalent? Gainesville cops are notoriously harsh and unbending when it comes to UF football players. We're talking about a police department and a university colluding to keep athletes eligible in Tallahassee, FL. That has never been the case in Gainesville. The only way Meyer would be relevant here would be if he had hundreds of incidents where players were getting in trouble and nothing was happening to them. Cite one case under Meyer where a player committed a major crime and it got swept away, never reported, minimized, etc. Hell, we lost Cam Newton because he stole a laptop, and a possible national title left with him. A stolen laptop is absolute peanuts alongside what FSU players are doing.
Oh yes we have...It was done in the 80's, 90's and especially in the 2000's. What you may be seeing is a little blow back. I believe you are confusing quantity for quality. Quantity, FSU has us beaten, but once you cross the line, you cross the line. There is no context, no relative. If you subscribe to that you believe the **** that comes out of FSU. That is Boobie speak. It does not matter if it is 1 yard or 25 yds...it is across the line. Sorry, I do not subscribe to the belief 'well he is my crook'.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
AugustaGator;n137822 said:
Oh yes we have...It was done in the 80's, 90's and especially in the 2000's. What you may be seeing is a little blow back. I believe you are confusing quantity for quality. Quantity, FSU has us beaten, but once you cross the line, you cross the line. There is no context, no relative. If you subscribe to that you believe the **** that comes out of FSU. That is Boobie speak. It does not matter if it is 1 yard or 25 yds...it is across the line. Sorry, I do not subscribe to the belief 'well he is my crook'.

I don't know what to tell you man. Florida is squeaky clean compared to what FSU and scUM have been since 1980. Look at what our guys have been in trouble for...Other than 2 obvious situations it's all been very minor stuff. The reason FSUX has been so bad was because it was the only way Bobby could keep up with Miami dating back to the early 80's. He saw the kind of kids that Miami was using to build their powerhouse program and set their bar at the same level, and as was told to me by people who lived in Tally for years maybe lower !!! Their kids have NEVER gone to class, and have no fear of repercussions from LE or the schools administration. To put it bluntly Bobby was above both.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n137822 said:

Soooo....for example... Treon Harris getting nabbed for driving without a license is roughly the moral equivalent to the f$u players wrecking into and totaling some poor kids car coming home from his closing shift at Olive Garden at 2:00 AM and then fleeing the scene of the accident on foot?

The fsu incident was covered up and never saw the light of day. The punk did not even get a ticket for LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT.It was only reported months after the fact by a N.Y. Times investigative artcilce which was covering many of fsu and tally PD's glaring misconduct. Meanwhile, our guy gets nabbed for driving without a license and it's on national media the next day.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n137855 said:
I don't know what to tell you man. Florida is squeaky clean compared to what FSU and scUM have been since 1980. Look at what our guys have been in trouble for...Other than 2 obvious situations it's all been very minor stuff. The reason FSUX has been so bad was because it was the only way Bobby could keep up with Miami dating back to the early 80's. He saw the kind of kids that Miami was using to build their powerhouse program and set their bar at the same level, and as was told to me by people who lived in Tally for years maybe lower !!! Their kids have NEVER gone to class, and have no fear of repercussions from LE or the schools administration. To put it bluntly Bobby was above both.
First, I have lived in Tally. Still know lots of people from there. Still visit there time to time. Boobie started with his **** in the 70's to compete with everyone. Initially started out with taking risks, then it evolved from there and got worse. Much worse. Am not disputing that fact. Fully aware.

Second, do not confuse now for 5 years ago. We covered up ****, and not barking at dogs crap, during the 2000's. When I was at Florida in the 80's, bad stuff happened which you never heard of. Hell bad stuff happened that you did here of. There were more than one or 2 people who were not arrested, and not for jaywalking, and should have. Most will never see the light...just like at FSU, Miami, Auburn, Bama, etc. The point is we have sinned and some of it major.

Third, I am not saying where we are now is the same as FSU today, nor to say at our worse did we get to the extent (quantity) of FSU, but for us to sit high and mighty as if we have not engaged in the same crap as FSU or others have or are doing is a crock. We have gotten LE to look past crap. We have intervened. We have paid people to keep their mouths shut. This stuff is and has been in the media. You just have to look for it. What scares me is we now have people saying do whatever it takes to get back in the game. I do not want that to happen.

FYI, to say their kids never go to class is entirely incorrect. To insinuate all ours do is a crock too.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n137863 said:
Soooo....for example... Treon Harris getting nabbed for driving without a license is roughly the moral equivalent to the f$u players wrecking into and totaling some poor kids car coming home from his closing shift at Olive Garden at 2:00 AM and then fleeing the scene of the accident on foot?

The fsu incident was covered up and never saw the light of day. The punk did not even get a ticket for LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT.It was only reported months after the fact by a N.Y. Times investigative artcilce which was covering many of fsu and tally PD's glaring misconduct. Meanwhile, our guy gets nabbed for driving without a license and it's on national media the next day.

ROFL.... talk about equivalencies......at least compare our worse that you know of to the worse you know of for FSU, then let's talk. I'd probably say FSU may have a worse situation (they had some real bad **** in the early 90;s if I recall correctly), but I am not aware of one that was covered up. I wish I could remember some of the stories from the 60's & 70's....of course, anyone with any connections got off then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.