Dameon Pierce, the player I'd most like to see IF we get a nice lead on the Doremats. You?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yeah, this might not be a popular opinion because I know Trask has his supporters, but if Franks comes out, I'd actually like to see Emory Jones go in before Trask. We sort of know what we've got with Trask, IMO. Jones is more of an unknown commodity with a different skillset and potentially a higher ceiling.

In an actual game we have no idea what Trask might be capable of. If we are considerably ahead in the second half I want to see him run the entire offense to actually see what he can do in a real game situation. We have seen him in only very limited action, and we might need him at some point.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Dameon Pierce, makes little sense to devalue his blocking because what really counts is that he's carrying the ball.
IMO UF is under-using Pierce and it isn't wise. It seems like we've got Nick Chubb confined to the bench. Let him really shake loose our running attack.
Im with you on this point, would like to see Dameon get some carries with the ones.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Trask and EJ because we are one injury away from them having to win a game. Of course we all want to see Pierce.
Mullin needs to be aggressive and build a comfortable lead when the opportunity is there so we can start developing these kids in live-game action; that's been a big problem with the previous coaching regimes.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Trask and EJ because we are one injury away from them having to win a game. Of course we all want to see Pierce.
Mullin needs to be aggressive and build a comfortable lead when the opportunity is there so we can start developing these kids in live-game action; that's been a big problem with the previous coaching regimes.

Our starters need the game time practice as well.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Mullen has a hierarchy that starts with solid upperclassmen. He does not think Pierce has a problem or he would never put him back out there the very next series.
It doesn't hurt that Scarlett and Perine were more effective today so all good.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He's great but he's third for a reason. Mullen did say after the game he plans to give some lesser used guys more reps during the bye and rest other guys. Dawgs may see more of him.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Yes, but such a mistake last week probably results in a loss.

Of course. But Pierce does not have a reputation as a fumbler so likely he wouldn’t have done so.

Behind big early today Coach played him early. Interesting. I think that is telling. He just has to earn his snaps as a freshman. Today he had 10 carries spread out both halves. That’s about right imo.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Of course. But Pierce does not have a reputation as a fumbler so likely he wouldn’t have done so.

Behind big early today Coach played him early. Interesting. I think that is telling. He just has to earn his snaps as a freshman. Today he had 10 carries spread out both halves. That’s about right imo.
Well, didn't have a reputation as a fumbler today, but fumble he did. Didn't follow the logic of how not having a reputation as a fumbler prevents fumbling.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Well, didn't have a reputation as a fumbler today, but fumble he did. Didn't follow the logic of how not having a reputation as a fumbler prevents fumbling.

No history. It happens. Kid is really good and waiting his turn. How do we know? We fell behind early and suddenly he gets 1st half snaps. Coincidence? Doubtful. Mullen knows what he’s sitting on.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, a ball security lesson for the Frosh indeed, a moment of lackadaisical and that's what can happen. Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb