Dan Mullen is...

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good dog trainer...

dan-mullens-dog-jumping-around.gif
Better be a good dag trainer week after next!!!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What do you know???
Nothing really.
There are 5 4*s that both Rivals and 247 have forecasted to us.
Rush: Lloyd Summerall 4* Gators, 67%
RB: Nay'quon Wright 4* Gators, 92%
TE: Keon Zipperer 4* Gators, 85%
OL: Kamaar Bell 4* Gators, 100%
DB: Kaiir Elam 4* Gators, 92%
another that just rivals has to us and 247 nothing
OL: Deyavie Hammond 4* Gators
And of course other 4*s that we are going after. We could end up with 2/3rds of the class being blue chippers which will be a very good class.
If those first 5 were verbals we'd be sitting around 6th right now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think coach Mullen is growing on me. I'm starting to realize that there's a possibility that I was wrong about him.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think coach Mullen is growing on me. I'm starting to realize that there's a possibility that I was wrong about him.
#metoo
I was so underwhelmed about this hire. I thought it would be a boring season of winning the games we should and losing the games we should. Instead it's been an amazing and exciting transformation .

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
#metoo
I was so underwhelmed about this hire. I thought it would be a boring season of winning the games we should and losing the games we should. Instead it's been an amazing and exciting transformation .
It's been fun. It doesn't look like we're lucking into these wins anymore. Just being competitive again.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It's been fun. It doesn't look like we're lucking into these wins anymore. Just being competitive again.
Couldn't agree more T. It was fun watching this team come back from adversity down 18 when we probably all thought it just wasnt our day only to not only win but kinda make it look easy once things got going. WLOCP should be a good game and that's exciting to think about.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018

I have to admit I was underwhelmed with his hire too. All I could think about was the lateral move comment (see what I did there?) he made about Geoff Collins coming to us.

I drank the Koolaid with regards to Kelly/Frost.

Feels damn good to be wrong tho. He's thoroughly won me over. Creative play calling, takes risks, has sideline energy, seems to be instilling a good culture etc.

I can even listen to his pressers (I couldn't stand McElwain with his aw shucks bull****)

Count me a believer

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think I was giving you some **** for being negative early in the season/offseason so this might come as surprise but.... I’m still in wait and see mode, as should most folks. That doesn’t preclude anyone from enjoying the hell out of this season but I still need to see a recruiting uptick and sustained success before I’m all in. He’s off to a great start, which all I could ask at this point.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
It’s crazy to think that Franks could possibly throw 30 passing TD’s this season. I’m impressed by how Dan has managed him this year!

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Dan Mullen is good with trick plays. He has won three games in a row with very well placed trick plays that were critical to turn the game around. Double pass against MSU got us a winning TD. Then the pass by Krull to FF against LSU which put us in place for a TD, and now a fake punt against Vandy when we were down by a lot, again turning to a TD. He seems to know exactly when to play those tricks and they have been critical in all three games.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think I was giving you some **** for being negative early in the season/offseason so this might come as surprise but.... I’m still in wait and see mode, as should most folks. That doesn’t preclude anyone from enjoying the hell out of this season but I still need to see a recruiting uptick and sustained success before I’m all in. He’s off to a great start, which all I could ask at this point.
I'm owning every bit of the schit I talked about Mullen right now. Obviously we've all seen how quickly things can change but I'm with you. I'm really enjoying this season myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.