Dan Mullen is...

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You know what's interesting about this? #16 Freddie Swain. You can see him holding back Grantham at one point and though you can barely see Swain do the same to Mullen I've seen a clip with a different angle of Swain clearly holding back Mullen as well. Fascinating to see a player do this with a coaching staff....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It looks like they're holding him and pulling something out of his ass

Just some Bro love for Mason...

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I couldn't stand it any longer so I pulled out my copy of the BCS 2007 National Championship game against OSU. I wanted to pay particulary attention to the way Mullen called the game. First off let's acknowledge Coach Dan had at his disposal player personnel today's team simply does not provide. Be that as it may and with 20/20 hindsight one has to marvel at the way Mullen mixed it up and had Ohio State guessing all night.

This year so far Mullen has been masterful with the personnel and the talent level and really never giving defenses a look they could make adjustments to. I swear every game it seems the look the Gators have is a different one from the previous game. The whole year Ohio State avg. opponents scoring only 13 points a game. Mullen's offense hangs 41 on them. I am really looking forward to what Mullen can do with a recruiting class that is all his and setting up the type offense he has in mind for us.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I couldn't stand it any longer so I pulled out my copy of the BCS 2007 National Championship game against OSU. I wanted to pay particulary attention to the way Mullen called the game. First off let's acknowledge Coach Dan had at his disposal player personnel today's team simply does not provide. Be that as it may and with 20/20 hindsight one has to marvel at the way Mullen mixed it up and had Ohio State guessing all night.

This year so far Mullen has been masterful with the personnel and the talent level and really never giving defenses a look they could make adjustments to. I swear every game it seems the look the Gators have is a different one from the previous game. The whole year Ohio State avg. opponents scoring only 13 points a game. Mullen's offense hangs 41 on them. I am really looking forward to what Mullen can do with a recruiting class that is all his and setting up the type offense he has in mind for us.

As I recall, they broke every tendency in that game. There wasn’t one personnel group => formation => play that OSU had seen on tape. They mixed them up, running many of the same plays but from different formations, entirely throwing off OSU’s keys. I attributed that to Meyer but obviously Mullen was heavily involved.

And our defense knew exactly what sweater vest was running every play.

Also, that year Leak’s numbers were pretty close to 2004. Not quite as good, but close.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't stand it any longer so I pulled out my copy of the BCS 2007 National Championship game against OSU..
That is goofy as fvkk.

That was the 2006 BCS championship. I know, I know, it happened in January of 2007 but no one who is actually from this planet would call it that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.