Dan Mullen is...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That's because it was Chump's design to keep it that way.

Exactly. We hung 47 on the same team that #2(so fitting) put up 38 on, at home a week later.

There also zero doubt that if we’d needed to score more, we could’ve and would’ve. We drove the ball again and again all night. I don’t want defensive battles every week, but I still respect the hell out of them when they happen. Especially in games we’re supposed to lose.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Improving. It's a great road win no matter how MSU ends up finishing on the year. A road SEC win is still a road SEC win. I don't think MSU ends up ranked though. Going 0-2 vs the SEC East plus losses to Bama, LSU, A&M and Auburn will put them around 6-6 or so.

Again, it's an SEC road win. We need those and the defense came to play in the 2nd half.

Hats off to Mullen and his staff. They won a grind it out type of game. Go Gators!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t like the way we ended the first half seemingly willing to play for keeping it close but man they can’t back and toughened up and got a big win most of us thought was a loss preseason. Franks is starting to play controlled enough to not win us games but not lose us games. Not hitting our full potential yet but very promising

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Come on, man, the LEAST favorite?

:mac:

Charlie+Weis.jpg

muschamp-lsu.jpg

images

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Actually.... UK is ranked and Cowbell ismt or wont be.

0-1

GREAT MONTH though. Maybe we beat UK if played now. October will be rougher but there are flashes. Let's hope recruits start biting.
No question in my mind, we would have beaten UK if Reese and CeCe had been in the game.

Last edited:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
You give me your crap guys, I'll give you my good guys, and I'll STILL beat your ass.

Right there in Stark-Vegas.
That's Bear Bryant-ish.

"[Bear] Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n."
- Bum Phillips

Last edited:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
He has done a pretty good job w the scraps he was left.

Hard to run OR pass on offense w no O line.

Is it just me or do our lined seem completely OVERMATCHED early then do better late in game.

Seems like superior conditioning on our part.
Coaching, too.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I didn’t like the way we ended the first half seemingly willing to play for keeping it close but man they can’t back and toughened up and got a big win most of us thought was a loss preseason. Franks is starting to play controlled enough to not win us games but not lose us games. Not hitting our full potential yet but very promising

I said in the box it was the right call. Maybe at home you call the timeout and get the ball back. We weren't going to move the ball in big chunks (and we didn't). Getting the ball back with 30 seconds was not that much of advantage. What you really didn't want was for them to Lindsey Scott us before half time. They had 3rd and 18 and ran off 17.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I think it was playcalling. We made great halftime adjustments on both sides of the ball. To me, that was difference in the game. The players executed and they’re believing in this coaching staff. We haven’t seen that in a loooooonng time.
We haven't even seen halftime adjustments in a long time.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I was originally very disappointed in the hire. But truthfully Mullen has only done 2 things that I really disagree with:

(1) Not doing whatever it took to keep Seider on staff.

(2) Not giving the ball to Pierce. He is STILL our leading rusher after 5 games with only 24 carries. And he’s still averaging better than 10 yards a carry.

I understand making a freshman earn it. I also understand that freshman rb’s haven’t learned every nuance of the position. But I’m convinced that he’ll get 100-150 yards for every 20 carries. I’d just like to get them all in one game for a change. This kid is special

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he called a helluva game. Franks was the difference maker. I've never seen a player improve more in one year. I'll give Mullen props for the job he's done with Franks

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb