Dan Mullen's Record

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n72618 said:
So a few bad losses completely negates any success they have? Did Saban losing to Lousiana Monroe negate the NC's that he would win at Alabama? Did the embarrassing losses Meyer took at the hands of Saban make him given back all the trophies he won at Florida?

Yeah but SOS hasn't actually won anything of worth at South Carolina. And he's been to exactly one SECCG.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n72623 said:
Yeah but SOS hasn't actually won anything of worth at South Carolina. And he's been to exactly one SECCG.

You must be one heck of a supporter for Muschamp then. :cool:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n72298 said:
I agree with Law. Mullen hasn't done squat over there. We're just desperate for anything at this point...like closing time at the bar.
Yeah, really. Mullen just floundered around until he recruited the Teebow like QB. He's not very attractive and his neck is too short. The other Mississipi coach looks like the game changer.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n72385 said:
It was hard for me to stay there for 3, 4, or 5 hours.
It's like that everywhere in Mississippi. The whole state is in the middle of nowhere.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n72515 said:
This won't be a popular opinion. I loved my time at UF but Gainesville ain't exactly Paris. I wouldn't ever want to live there now.
You evidently have not been to Starkville and I haven't been to Paris.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n72557 said:
Let's just break it down into a very simple question....Do you think Meyer would have had as much success in Starkville as he had in Gainesville?
Meyer would not have been so desperate for a head coaching job. Mullen will bolt after this year but I hope it won't be to Florida.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen would not be my first choice but in this situation......It's an upgrade to what we have now. I never expected him to have a winning season at all at Cowbell. So what he is doing this year and in the West is respectable. Now lets see if he gets them in an SECCG.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxking;n72660 said:
Meyer would not have been so desperate for a head coaching job. Mullen will bolt after this year but I hope it won't be to Florida.

Meyers's first job was Bowling Green. Everyone starts somewhere. And that's the safe route that many choose. MAC type program with good foundation and then attract one of the power schools. Mullen went into an awful situation and turned them into a Top 10 team. Just the fact that he wasn't abysmal is impressive given the level of talent he has to work with and what he faces week in and week out. He faced a team that has played in the NC game every single year, as well as the SECC in each of his 6 seasons. That's ridiculous.

To Zambos point, the product of Florida aided Meyer's success. I happen to think Meyer is probably top 3 in the game right now. But his point is he wouldn't have had '05-'09 success in Starkville.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n72691 said:
But his point is he wouldn't have had '05-'09 success in Starkville.
Probably not, but I just said he would have had a superior record to Mullen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n72919 said:
Probably not, but I just said he would have had a superior record to Mullen.

The only reason I think it's debatable is that we needed the combination of the '03 and '06 classes to win it all in 2006, which really set the stage for all the other accomplishments. There would be neither in the case of MSU. It's just not a good product to work with.

But as I said, he's still not my top choice. James Franklin was on this morning, and I still think--assuming WM is actually let go--he will be the biggest miss of them all.The guy is sharp, he's likable, and would've immediately tilted the scales in our favor both in the East as well as among the other state schools.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lot's of penile envy in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.