Dan Quinn - its that simple

OtownGator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The solution is really simple. Give Muschamp an opportunity to win the east. Once that goal is not attainable, fire him and make Roper interim head coach and hire Dan Quinn as Head Coach. It is obvious that Dan Quinn was the main reason we had a great year in 2012, doesn't appear to be Muschamp.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Quinn will probably be getting an NFL head coaching job.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I love Dan Quinn. That being said, I'm sorta done with the whole D Coordinator becomes our head coach thing around here. More offense, please.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :( said:
I love Dan Quinn. That being said, I'm sorta done with the whole D Coordinator becomes our head coach thing around here. More offense, please.

Agreed. 99 percent of this programs success has come with an offensive guy at the helm. It is easy to put a good defense on the field if you recruit well. Offense requires more coaching and development than the defensive side.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We DO NOT want to hire another coach with no head coaching experience.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sorry, but Quinn will be coaching an NFL team next year unless he just sucks in an interview.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like Quinn but I'm not down with another D-Cord with no head coaching experience.
Especially one with ties to this coaching staff.

OtownGator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just because we (foley) seem to be striking out with hiring defensive minded coaches doesn't mean that a defensive minded coach can't be the best option. It has more to do with the coach selection that is biting gator nation.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If We don't hire an offensive coach I'll be on suicide watch. I'd prefer a proven head coach but I'd be happy with Chad Morris

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n77542 said:
If We don't hire an offensive coach I'll be on suicide watch. I'd prefer a proven head coach but I'd be happy with Chad Morris

We have a pretty offensive coach now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OtownGator;n77536 said:
Just because we (foley) seem to be striking out with hiring defensive minded coaches doesn't mean that a defensive minded coach can't be the best option. It has more to do with the coach selection that is biting gator nation.

Our offense has been awful for 4 years it's time to adress it

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So we're feeling wistful over 2012? Quinn's not gonna happen.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n77522 said:
We DO NOT want to hire another coach with no head coaching experience.

What if they're a head coach in waiting?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n77504 said:

+10000000000000

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Jand3k;n77606 said:
Would LOVE to see Quinn as head coach and Kerwin Bell as OC!!

I said it last year. Muschamp should have given Kerwin Bell a shot as OC. It would have helped heal the rift in the Gator Nation bringing in one of our own and quite frankly, I think he would do a good job. What does Roper have that Kerwin didn't. Kerwin played at a much higher level than Roper did (UF QB, Pro QB in NFL and CFL for 14 years vs Rice DB/QB). He's run his own program so he understands the management side of coaching probably as good if not better than Roper. I think it would have been great for Muschamp to bring him in. As it stands, our HC is in way too deep and it shows. If they bring in a defensive minded head coach (while not my preference) and he wants to give Bell a shot, I'd be good with that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's kerwin bells record in the freaking pioneer league? Last I seen it wasn't very impressive. You know Michigan wanted to get one of their own in there (Brady hoke) look what happened. Take your orange and blue glasses off. We need the best possible candidate who gives a damn where they're from.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
t-gator;n77742 said:
What's kerwin bells record in the freaking pioneer league? Last I seen it wasn't very impressive. You know Michigan wanted to get one of their own in there (Brady hoke) look what happened. Take your orange and blue glasses off. We need the best possible candidate who gives a damn where they're from.

Yes yes yes!

I like Quinn alot. But he may be on the NFL short list for head coaches and he should be. He did a good job here in 2012. No doubt about it. The reality is Will is here until Foley says goodbye and if the Gators go 7-5 this year or 6-6 I think Champ gets another year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator