Dan Quinn

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Three points:

a) Who says a D-guy can't score points? The NFC South champion Falcons lead the NFL with 502.

b) Maybe Muschamp should have made him the OC. :dunno:

c) Wouldn't he look good now walking our sideline as head coach?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There were a lot of people here who knew the abberation that was 2012 was due almost exclusively to Quinn. Bellicheck is another example of a defensive coach that has teams lighting it up.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's about giving all control to a competent OC. Quinn does nothing with the O, it's all Shannahan.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There were a lot of people here who knew the abberation that was 2012 was due almost exclusively to Quinn. Bellicheck is another example of a defensive coach that has teams lighting it up.
It does help to have the greatest QB who ever lived behind center.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who is Atlanta's OC? They have been hard to stop in many games.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Well he took a backup that didn't do much anywhere else and went 11-5 one year. Do you think there are better coaches than him if talent is equal? I do like to ask the question of - who are the only 2 teams to win multiple Super Bowls the last 11 years and of course most people mistakenly say NE as one of the answers.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Whoa Nelly! Matt Ryan is what now? Man, I hope I missed the sarcasm there.

Plus, most of the members here know you don't need an experienced QB! Throw a freshman/rookie in there and if you're a decent coach you'll win. If not, coach and young QB have to go b/c they'll never improve. Kinda like Jimmy Johnson and that Troy Aikman guy. They went 1-15 their first year and 7-9 the next. They should've been fired/cut and never should have had another chance.

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
Kyle S. is the one we could have targeted a couple of years ago. Not saying we should have, but I sure hope he was on the list. With his family connection to UF and his offensive pedigree, he would've been an interesting "get". Some of these guys are just NFL guys, though.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Whoa Nelly! Matt Ryan is what now? Man, I hope I missed the sarcasm there.

Plus, most of the members here know you don't need an experienced QB! Throw a freshman/rookie in there and if you're a decent coach you'll win. If not, coach and young QB have to go b/c they'll never improve. Kinda like Jimmy Johnson and that Troy Aikman guy. They went 1-15 their first year and 7-9 the next. They should've been fired/cut and never should have had another chance.

:doh:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well he took a backup that didn't do much anywhere else and went 11-5 one year. Do you think there are better coaches than him if talent is equal? I do like to ask the question of - who are the only 2 teams to win multiple Super Bowls the last 11 years and of course most people mistakenly say NE as one of the answers.
No, BB is the best coach in the league, period.

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
. Seriously? The last comment was about the Pats QB. Maybe you heard of him? Some kid named Brady...
Sorry. Missed that. My bad.

Durty: What does that mean? Been here a lot lately, not that it matters. You guys don't want members/supporters? Jacka$$.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It's about giving all control to a competent OC. Quinn does nothing with the O, it's all Shannahan.

Yes and actually having talent on the offense as well. Seems they have a pretty good QB, line, runners and one WR who when healthy makes a large difference. Sort of like that team Tebow had. We don't have all that, if we did our offense would be much better even with the current QBs.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry. Missed that. My bad.

Durty: What does that mean? Been here a lot lately, not that it matters. You guys don't want members/supporters? Jacka$$.

Don't get your panties in a wad... Durty pisses off everyone....

Take a deep breath..

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Slow down there, bucko. You never saw EuroGator crushing it as a duel-threat QB in the UF intramural league. Some say maybe the best ever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Duel you say?

burk_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics