Dan Quinn

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's about giving all control to a competent OC. Quinn does nothing with the O, it's all Shannahan.

Who hired him?

Yes and actually having talent on the offense as well. Seems they have a pretty good QB, line, runners and one WR who when healthy makes a large difference. Sort of like that team Tebow had. We don't have all that, if we did our offense would be much better even with the current QBs.

We've been reminded more than a few times of late that talent alone won't necessarily put up points.

Slow down there, bucko. You never saw EuroGator crushing it as a duel-threat QB in the UF intramural league. Some say maybe the best ever.

You been out drinking Czech beer all evening?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Who hired him?

We've been reminded more than a few times of late that talent alone won't necessarily put up points.

I didn't say Quinn wasn't a good coach or didn't make a good hire. Was just stating facts.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say Quinn wasn't a good coach or didn't make a good hire. Was just stating facts.

You were and so am I re the notion that great defensive coaches can't put together teams with great offenses. You need a bright mind on each side of the ball. Another reason I think that if Mac doesn't see a fourth year, Strong, assuming he comes with a bright mind to run the offense, can come in here and make something out of it.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Who hired him?

Yes I have seen places with talent that their coaches could not properly use. But I don't know which few times you might be thinking of. We have not had a complete offensive team since Tim left, at least according to me. I was at that last game and remember what that offense could do, all those NFL type players at many positions, and of course the leadership we have been lacking.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Who is Atlanta's OC? They have been hard to stop in many games.

Kyle Shannahan. What's funny about the Falcons situation is that the fans, and allegedly the Falcons offensive players especially Matt Ryan, were ready to run Shannahan out of town half way through the season last season. I guess the saying is true...winning cures a lot of ills.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Kyle Shannahan. What's funny about the Falcons situation is that the fans, and allegedly the Falcons offensive players especially Matt Ryan, were ready to run Shannahan out of town half way through the season last season. I guess the saying is true...winning cures a lot of ills.
yes we were, but to be fair before this year Shannahan was an NFL version of Nuss. The offense is finally there, but 3 of our losses were because ryan went full Driskell in the 4th quarter. Quinn only had a few games this year that his inner Muschamp came out as well so that helped alot. The problem for them will be D in the playoff. 2-3 UFA starting makes things uneasy, but they are playing descent. Lots of the points they give up are prevent points.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
yes we were, but to be fair before this year Shannahan was an NFL version of Nuss. The offense is finally there, but 3 of our losses were because ryan went full Driskell in the 4th quarter. Quinn only had a few games this year that his inner Muschamp came out as well so that helped alot. The problem for them will be D in the playoff. 2-3 UFA starting makes things uneasy, but they are playing descent. Lots of the points they give up are prevent points.

Yeah, realistically the Falcons should easily be 13-2 right now, maybe even 14-1 with a little luck. They've left several games on the field with boneheaded decisions and a rook job from the refs in Seattle.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yeah, realistically the Falcons should easily be 13-2 right now, maybe even 14-1 with a little luck. They've left several games on the field with boneheaded decisions and a rook job from the refs in Seattle.
Yep. seattle, San Diego, and Chiefs should have been wins. Dumb decisions in all the games by coaching and bad throws by Ryan cost them. Don't know any team that throws on first down with a lead under the two minute warning.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Quinn is the next Bellicheck! He has done wonders for team chemistry... Shanahan was suspect last year, but they are rolling now which is why I give Mac the benefit of another year... not his players and they did not know his system but we won 2 easts...

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Quinn is the next Bellicheck! He has done wonders for team chemistry... Shanahan was suspect last year, but they are rolling now which is why I give Mac the benefit of another year... not his players and they did not know his system but we won 2 easts...

You're back on the cocaine again aren't you

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
which is why I give Mac the benefit of another year... not his players and they did not know his system but we won 2 easts...

1111348927064040807_zpskcpqqchh.gif~c200

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.