D'Anfernee McGriff: Do we have another Percy Harvin?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n175327 said:
Great video. So Auburn pulls away from this guy......not a good sign🙈
We have nothing that supports that. It's a message board rumor by some butthurt auburn fans.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see a QB in the highlights..... I see a kid who is bigger, stronger and faster than the other kids and he runs the same play over and over.... That won't happen in the SEC.

I watched his 2013 and 2014 highlights and he seems slower in 2014.

I like him as a receiver and think he would be a great target on the outside, his YAC could be impressive.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think some of you still have the stench of mustank on you. Every decent offensive weapon we grab you want to make into a running back or a wildcat qb. :facepalm:

For your next trick we will be lining up Will Grier at the nickel...

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I am beyond making anyone the next anyone..let them be the first of themselves.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n175410 said:
I think some of you still have the stench of mustank on you. Every decent offensive weapon we grab you want to make into a running back or a wildcat qb. :facepalm:

For your next trick we will be lining up Will Grier at the nickel...

Screw that, we should make him be our next cornerback.

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
I see more of a Derrick Henry type player, with a little less power but much shiftier. If this guy plays RB, he will be a much more physical version of Matt Jones.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Kicker or Punter?

Still....I'm fine with trusting Mac that he'll use this monster appropriately somewhere on the field. Most likely offense. Heck, I could see us running a lot of 2 back sets to help with protection, but also to utilize Taylor/Lane/Scarlett/Cronkite/McGriff/Powell in a system of putting one in the flat for a pass and the other stays home for the run. Other than keeping Powell inside for the run (and possibly Lane going to the flat - can he catch?), the guys are interchangeable to mess with the defense and get mismatches on who goes out for coverage. Keeps the passing game as a threat, but a controlable and safe playcalling for the QB. It's not stretching the field vertically, and until we can get the QB-WR connection worked out that's not a great option for us, but once any of these guys catch the ball in the flat it's likely to be a good gain if it's one-on-one. Additionally, it will open up the inside running lanes for whichever beast they kept in the backfield.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
FireFoley;n174954 said:
I would be very hesitant to compare anyone to Percy Harvins (a nod to Nat Moore and Wes Chandler there), because Percy is/was the most explosive offensive player with the ball in his hands to EVER wear the O and B.
FIFY

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You're all forgetting that Percy was too fast, so he often outran the coverage.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n175255 said:
He looks more like the next Omarius Hines... you know, the guy that averaged 20 yards a touch so the coaches pulled him out immediately.
GODAMMMM that always pisssed me off. OH in a good passing offense would have been great. much like the RB that never got the touches he deserved......what was his name about 2-3 years ago.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n175809 said:
GODAMMMM that always pisssed me off. OH in a good passing offense would have been great. much like the RB that never got the touches he deserved......what was his name about 2-3 years ago.

Gillislee?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n175834 said:
Gillislee?
I fully expected him to get all the carries in 2011. I don't know what Fat Chuck saw that made him think feeding the Smurfs was going to be any different than the previous three years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JohnCoctostan;n175425 said:
I see more of a Derrick Henry type player, with a little less power but much shiftier. If this guy plays RB, he will be a much more physical version of Matt Jones.
This is what I see

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The next Percy Harvin? Why would you want another player that was so disruptive to team unity he was kicked off of the Super Bowl Championship team? You better pick another role model for upcoming freshmen.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Alvin York;n176025 said:
The next Percy Harvin? Why would you want another player that was so disruptive to team unity he was kicked off of the Super Bowl Championship team? You better pick another role model for upcoming freshmen.

So disruptive that he helped us win 2 National Championships ... and never lost to the voles.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Mizzu, "never losing to the Voles" isn't much of an accolade. After all, most Gator players can say that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alvin York;n176025 said:

BCS rings
Harvin: 2
Manning: 0

SEC Rings
Manning: 1

SB's
Harvin: 1

DUI Manslaughter:
Harvin: 0
Ut: 2

Please tell us more about role models.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n176833 said:
BCS rings
Manning: 0

SEC Rings

SB's
Harvin: 1

DUI Manslaughter:
Ut: 2

Please tell us more about role models.

Plunger Rapes:
UT: 1

Butt Chuggings:
UT: Several Thousand

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n176841 said:
Plunger Rapes:
UT: 1

Butt Chuggings:
UT: Several Thousand

Their current bunch has almost as many rape indictments as wins over Kentucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.