Dante Fowler gets traded to Rams

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Damn. The Jags raped the Rams on this deal; they're getting a 3rd rounder this year and a 5th in 2020. They opted not to pick up the option on his 5th year and he would have been a FA after the year....and he wasn't even a starter.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jags with a great move. DF hasn’t lived up to his 1st Round pick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dante is leaving with Muschump.

I don't care much about players who are more Mushchump than Gator.

Last edited:

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn. The Jags raped the Rams on this deal; they're getting a 3rd rounder this year and a 5th in 2020. They opted not to pick up the option on his 5th year and he would have been a FA after the year....and he wasn't even a starter.

I respectfully disagree. This is a sneaky good move by the Rams. Edge rusher is one of the few deficiencies that the Rams have, if it’s even fair to say that an 8-0 team has one. Aaron Donald is a freak of nature and the combination of him, Suh, and Michael Brockers on the inside guarantee that Fowler is constantly gonna have one-on-one matchups. Don’t be surprised if Fowler thrives given the change of scenery.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I respectfully disagree. This is a sneaky good move by the Rams. Edge rusher is one of the few deficiencies that the Rams have, if it’s even fair to say that an 8-0 team has one. Aaron Donald is a freak of nature and the combination of him, Suh, and Michael Brockers on the inside guarantee that Fowler is constantly gonna have one-on-one matchups. Don’t be surprised if Fowler thrives given the change of scenery.
He has 14 sacks in 39 games. Not exactly a dominating player. Now maybe the fact that the Rams DL is really good so he probably won't get double teamed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Boom! And the won’t be able to resign his sorry ass.
Resign? or Re-sign. Sorry, we were talking grammar in another thread, and my Nazi escaped for a bit.

edit: to add the comma

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Those are valid points, as I don't follow the NFL very closely. I do know that the Jaguars dumped a high-priced, problem child who wasn't even a starter, and who's contract ends at the end of the season...and got a 3rd round pick (which is usually a rookie starter) AND a 5th round pick the following year (that they could package and trade for an even higher pick). So, in your scenario, it's a win-win for both parties.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good move for both sides, Jags get value for a player that was going to leave anyway. The Rams got a edge passrusher to help fortify the DL they needed with really only a half season rental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb