David Lee to Retire

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
When the Knicks drafted him, their stupid fans booed. He had a solid career and a great Gator!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy that he lasted this long in the league. Cheers, David!

drj1NmK.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of my all time favorites. Loved his hustle and hard work, like Matt Bonner. Enjoy your life and congratulations.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Holy Cow, going to pasture with Caroline. Fine career performance David. Come visit coach White & latest edition of your Gators. Wishing you all the best = good start with Wozey.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another Gator Great. Part of our first SEC Tourney Championship team and helped pave the way for our National Championship teams the next 2 years. He helped mentor Noah and Horford and Richard. Thanks D Lee!! Go Gators!!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite David Lee story is about his behavior off the court.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/sports/basketball/20lee.html

After the Knicks traded him, he was the only one to show up to the funeral of Scott Jaffer, a longtime MSG employee. He went out of his way to represent the team that just ditched him and to show respect to the kind of person most stars ignore.

He's done a great job representing the best of Gator Nation.

Alex.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite David Lee story is about his behavior off the court.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/sports/basketball/20lee.html

After the Knicks traded him, he was the only one to show up to the funeral of Scott Jaffer, a longtime MSG employee. He went out of his way to represent the team that just ditched him and to show respect to the kind of person most stars ignore.

He's done a great job representing the best of Gator Nation.

Alex.

This guy was the classiest player in the league without question.
When he was traded away from the warriors, he went to HQ to clean out his locker, etc. and after he left he had lunch for the entire building delivered as a thank you.
This is but one of the many reasons why the warriors waited to receive their rings until there was a game that he could attend. They insisted on their favorite teammate being in attendance before they would conduct the ceremony.

I can't wait to see what great things he accomplishes moving forward

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More unexpected NBA career: David Lee or Matt Bonner?

Matt Bonner.

Matt was a stretch four and therefore a role player that lasted for over 10 years which is surprising.

David was a complete player that could play either the four or the five with equal competence. His success was never a surprise to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.