David Reese Quote......

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I turned it off when it was 21-3. Totally disgusted with how they came out and played. I can’t remember any team playing this horrible, even in the final Zook season. And that’s saying a lot.

Our #1 in the SEC in Offense season? The season we played well down the stretch? Zook years weren't great, but he never, NEVER had an offense this bad in a single season nor was there even a chance of missing a bowl. I've said it 100 times and I will say it 100x more, Zook would easily have two East titles if he faced the teams Mac did in years one and two. Instead, Zook had Fulmer at UT while he was still good, two of Richt's best UGA teams, Saban at LSU, the Swindle in the Swamp, Eli Manning at Ole Miss, A great and a good Miami team, etc. Meanwhile, people are jacking it here because we had a QB lead a 330 yard effort to beat Ole Miss...

Congrats on being correct early on Mac. But to infer that support for Mac was putting Mac ahead of the team is without foundation. People supported Mac for the sake of the team (as they saw it). Frankly, saying they put the coach ahead of the team doesn't seem to make sense. Can you explain yourself?

See, I was in Mac's corner, but I was on the #firenuss train at the end of last season. When we crapped the bed against a defense with 10 new starters to begin the season, I felt every week Mac kept Nuss was a failure of coaching.

Oh, and David Reese #1 is the man...hope David Reese #2 is just as good.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I gave Mac benefit of the doubt every week. So I’m guessing that made me a “sunshine pumper”. I was hoping something would click finally and he would actually put a quality product on the field.
Like they say, hope isn’t a strategy.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
One of the problems with this team, is that there is only one Davis Reese on it. Definitely need more vocal leaders calling players out for lack of effort and not holding each other accountable.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
David Reese just installed himself as a leader on this team. Don't think for one moment Coach Frost won't be seeking him out for more leadership once he gets settled.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to have a long talk with SheShe. He mailed it in from the opening kick today.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any of Zook's squads would ass rape these boys. These dudes don't do anything worth a f*ck!!!
I don't understand the perception that Zook teams were terrible. He had a top 20 offense and a top 30-40 defense.

But he also had a top 10 Tinerc and Ugly in his division.

He would beat the piss out of this Vandy level team like he always did. The SEC (minus Bammer) sucks so bad right now, there is little doubt in my mind that Zook (w Fedora not Zaunbrecher and w Strong) would be a 12 or 13 win team.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand the perception that Zook teams were terrible. He had a top 20 offense and a top 30-40 defense.

But he also had a top 10 Tinerc and Ugly in his division.

He would beat the piss out of this Vandy level team like he always did. The SEC (minus Bammer) sucks so bad right now, there is little doubt in my mind that Zook (w Fedora not Zaunbrecher and w Strong) would be a 12 or 13 win team.
I think part of the perception of Zook is tainted because he followed Spurrier and it was a shock to see what was happening to UF. especially at home. I started following UF in 1991 so i only knew Spurrier and UF winning huge...so i wanted him gone quickly and always remembered him as being an awful coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Zook's teams had a lot of talent but Zook was an awful game day coach. His teams would sometimes over come his ineptitude with their talent.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like they say, hope isn’t a strategy.

What does that have to do with anything? If you can't change anything, you hope. If you have a meaningful influence, then you can strategize. Serious question, what was your strategy?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
::HI-5:: David Reese - U Da Man. You stood up and played like a man Saturday and it was noticed. Thank you from one Gator to another.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Racking my brain to explain? Players don't want to be defaced by the athletes they face. What if there's something missing that the players do not realize is missing? Without that missing ingredian, no matter how they try they're not equipped to succeed. I'm guessing a major missing foundation piece is S & C strength and conditioning. What if our guys' physical bodies cannot successfully grapple with the stronger player confronting each. Our players might not recognize that this is a main ingredient where their dumb coaches failed them?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Racking my brain to explain? Players don't want to be defaced by the athletes they face. What if there's something missing that the players do not realize is missing? Without that missing ingredian, no matter how they try they're not equipped to succeed. I guessing a major missing foundation piece is S & C strength and conditioning. What if our guys' physical bodies cannot successfully grapple with the stronger player confronting each. Our players might not recognize that this is a main ingredient where their dumb coaches failed them?
Lack of Teamship culture.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Thank God for Reese, and players like him. I don't know why anyone should be surprised that many of these guys quit. This team is soft. They have not been coached since high school, and they have had a strength and conditioning program that was based on how many pb&j sammiches they can eat in one sitting. The program is broken, and we need a new coach to rebuild it.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zook's last year the players were said to be soft.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Zook did what Spurrier didn't. Beat Boobie B. in Tally at newly christened Ron Zook Field and was carried off the field on the shoulders of his players. What a way to go out!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What does that have to do with anything? If you can't change anything, you hope. If you have a meaningful influence, then you can strategize. Serious question, what was your strategy?
Wait until Mac got fired. There was no hope with that POS at the helm.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wasn't sure where to put this, but found this from 'older' David Reese in regards to 'young' David Reese and thought it was really good to hear:

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/06/daily-football-fix-the-two-reeses-named-david/

The two Reeses are now on the same team, playing the same position.

“Got a little brother now. Got my same name,” the older David Reese said. “He’s a big little brother. He’s huge.”
David Reese, the veteran, said he’s going to mentor the younger David Reese.

“Yeah, got to,” Reese said. “He’s my little brother. They assigned him to me on the football team. I’ll make sure I take care of him and make sure he stays out of trouble.”

---

Also:

Reese said he’s been impressed with the younger Reese and the other freshman linebacker who enrolled two weeks ago, Andrew Chatfield Jr.

“They’re great looking athletes and they can run,” Reese said. “They seemed to follow right in (with the strength and conditioning program). They’ve come in at a great time to get acclimated with the program.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb