David Reese Quote......

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
One of the problems with this team, is that there is only one Davis Reese on it. Definitely need more vocal leaders calling players out for lack of effort and not holding each other accountable.

Wonder if Mullen read this thread and put "David Reese LB" atop the recruiting boards this past recruiting season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to have a high percentage of this class and the next class playing as true freshmen, I'm sure. It's one of the reasons this upcoming class is so critical.

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I don't understand the perception that Zook teams were terrible. He had a top 20 offense and a top 30-40 defense.

But he also had a top 10 Tinerc and Ugly in his division.

He would beat the piss out of this Vandy level team like he always did. The SEC (minus Bammer) sucks so bad right now, there is little doubt in my mind that Zook (w Fedora not Zaunbrecher and w Strong) would be a 12 or 13 win team.

It is a sad state of affairs when the past two coaches can make us pine for the Zooker.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Seems like at least some of the guys didn’t roll over for Mizzou.

2a8a5841-115b-4123-94a7-c659fa02e14f-jpeg.7671

Perhaps the "We loved every single one of our coaches..." is part of the problem. Successful football coaches are respected by players for sure, but not always loved while you play for them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

A lot better reaction than Franks after Georgia demolished us. I almost get the feeling Franks thought we had improved during the season watching him answer that question. :lol:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
This is an instructive reminder of how far we had fallen as a team and as a program. I hope that those who expect a miracle this season can accept the reality of just how far we have to go, to get to where we all want to be. If DM fields a truly competitive team that shows some tangible, all-around progress, I for one, will be happy. If he exceeds 8 or 9 wins, which I feel is possible, if unlikely, he should be a candidate for national COTY.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is an instructive reminder of how far we had fallen as a team and as a program. I hope that those who expect a miracle this season can accept the reality of just how far we have to go, to get to where we all want to be. If DM fields a truly competitive team that shows some tangible, all-around progress, I for one, will be happy. If he exceeds 8 or 9 wins, which I feel is possible, if unlikely, he should be a candidate for national COTY.

I agree but with the proper leadership and accountability this sort of thing can be improved quite rapidly. Nine wins in my view is quite possible, if we don't have injury or off the field issues.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Franks is not the answer.

That depends on what the question is. He is the answer to all of the following:

Who can throw the ball a mile and somehow never see a receiver open on a crossing pattern?
What Florida QB makes you say in the middle of a game: "damn, I wish John Brantley had eligibility left?"
Who was FSU's MVP in the game against Florida last year?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
That depends on what the question is. He is the answer to all of the following:

Who can throw the ball a mile and somehow never see a receiver open on a crossing pattern?
What Florida QB makes you say in the middle of a game: "damn, I wish John Brantley had eligibility left?"
Who was FSU's MVP in the game against Florida last year?

:(:cry:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just FYI on this thread....

This is an old thread, from in-season. I brought it back up - so as to not start a new thread - because 'older' David Reese is recently quoted (like this past weekend) about 'younger' David Reese being a 'big dude' and that Chatfield (and young Reese) are very fast. This is good news, as one of our weak spots on this D is LB. Seems like everyone is commenting on the original quote, which was an old quote (still very relevant though!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb