DB Shaq Wiggins (Louisville) grad transfers to Tennessee

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is a good pick up for those biscuit-headed, toothless bastards:

Tennessee lands immediate help from graduate transfer DB Shaquille Wiggins

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...-help-graduate-transfer-db-shaquille-wiggins/

Great news for Volunteer fans Wednesday as graduate transfer defensive back Shaquille Wiggins has announced he will transfer to Tennessee over South Carolina and Mississippi State. Wiggins played the last two seasons for Louisville after originally starting his career at Georgia.

Because he is a graduate transfer, Wiggins will be eligible to play immediately for Tennessee. He visited the Knoxville campus over the weekend for the team’s conclusion to the spring for the Orange & White Game.

Wiggins made the announcement public via Twitter:

I have made my decision and I will continue to finish my career at the University of Tennessee !!!!!
1f34a.png

— Shaquille Wiggins (@ShaqWiggins6) April 26, 2017

Wiggins was injured for much of last season but did earn honorable mention All-ACC honors in 2015 for Louisville. A former Under Armour All-American in 2013, Wiggins was a four-star prospect coming out of high school. He signed with Georgia but left the team following the departure of former defensive coordinator Todd Grantham. Wiggins started the majority of his true freshman season in Athens before deciding to leave the program.

After playing college football for Georgia and Louisville over the last three years, Wiggins racked up 57 tackles, four interceptions, and 18 pass deflections in his career.

With the Vols 10th-ranked passing defense losing Cam Sutton, the team is still searching for reliable cornerback play this offseason from the likes of Justin Martin, Emmanuel Moseley, Marquill Osborne, and Baylen Buchanan among others. Adding an experienced defensive back ready to play immediately could prove to be a massive help for the Vols heading into 2017.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Louisville defense was not that awesome to begin with. If his options were slUT, Cowbell, and Muschamp??? Not worried at all. Guess he wants to be a Champion of Life.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to believe Vols had 10th ranked pass defense with how they ended the season getting torched.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
His potentially shoring up the secondary of one our rivals is the least of my concerns here. He commits to and signs with uga in 2013, transfers to Louisville, and now grad transfers to yet a third school? All in 4 years, no doubt making elaborate "announcements" along the way. And we wonder why so many of these kids have trouble grasping the concept of commitment or accountability for their choices.

I do give the young man credit for prioritizing correctly and graduating. But this trend is going to destroy college football.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
His potentially shoring up the secondary of one our rivals is the least of my concerns here. He commits to and signs with uga in 2013, transfers to Louisville, and now grad transfers to yet a third school? All in 4 years, no doubt making elaborate "announcements" along the way. And we wonder why so many of these kids have trouble grasping the concept of commitment or accountability for their choices.

I do give the young man credit for prioritizing correctly and graduating. But this trend is going to destroy college football.

Yeah sofla, that revolving dork.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Folks bemoan the Grad Transfers Mac has been relying upon, especially at QB (with good reason).

In the parallel of this, what does this transfer tell Butch's bricks about their development or future at the DB position?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How can you graduate college that early and be that fuggin stupid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator