DE Antonneous Clayton itching to bust out of his shell

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://florida.rivals.com/news/de-antonneous-clayton-itching-to-break-out-of-his-shell

The 6-foot-2, 255-pound Clayton arrived in the Swamp as an Under Armour All-American and five-star defensive end on Rivals, and is still looking to find his groove in a Gators uniform.

“My goal for me is just trying to make a name for myself this year," Clayton said. "I’ve been silent for the first two years since I first got here. Things didn’t go as expected when I first got here. I mean, that’s just something I couldn’t control. Just trying to make a name for myself.

"It’s been three years and I’m kinda' getting frustrated. I got a whole son to take care of now. If I can’t accomplish my goals here, it is what it is. I have a son to take care of. As far as the defense as a whole, I mean I’m all for the defense and them boys make plays.....

“I aint even looked at the depth chart. I don’t know nothing about that," Clayton said. "If I look at it, I mean, like I said it’s next man up. My name’s called then it’s called. If I’m not out there, I’m gonna' be cheering my teammates on. That’s just how it goes.

-----------------------------

I thought he had got his weight up to around 270 looking at pictures from a month or so ago but he is still listed at 255 about what he was last season. I thought this would be his breakout season but he isn't even listed on Mullen's depth chart which is kind of crazy.

In the 2017 spring game he gave Taylor fits on passing plays and I thought he probably just needed a little more weight to get real playing time but things don't appear to be progressing with him right now apparently.

He sounds a little bitter when talking about the NFL stuff and mentioning he has a son now.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like another Butters Bust.

That 2016 class has been full of mostly busts so far. Clayton, Franks and all those WR blue chippers except for Cleveland haven't been working out that great. I can't really think of anyone from the blue chippers in that 2016 class besides Cleveland that have done much here.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's got some really solid players in front of him. If he can be patient, he'll get some PT this year and next season he's likely a starter.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I Hope the coaching changes helps all of the players that haven't lived up to their expectations

Be a fine reward for the contamination-football that McElame & crew, toxified those fellows with.

Possibly "whole son" refers to: food, clothing (outgrown real fast), medical bills, Montessori, etc. The whole shebang.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
[QUOTE="rogdochar" Be a fine reward for the contamination-football that McElame & crew, toxified those fellows with.

Possibly "whole son" refers to: food, clothing (outgrown real fast), medical bills, Montessori, etc.

He's from Georgia. Cut him some slack.

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hope he has two great seasons then gets drafted and makes some $$$. It always looks good for us when we put someone in the league and as well, will look like the new staff can make players that otherwise languished excel.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
uEvEW2.gif

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Clayton will get plenty of action. Our defense substitutes to keep fresh for the 4th quarter and for the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.