Decommits coming?

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Swamp Donkey, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Alagator

Alagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +2,700 / -19
    Seen that pic of the kid's dad? I'd say that kid has the genetics to put on the weight and muscle Mullen would want him at... He's still a 17 year old kid who’s yet to see a college weight room... Of course some could argue that it appears many of our current players haven't either... ;)

2. OurProgramIsBroken

OurProgramIsBroken Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $78
    Ratings:
    +121 / -0
    I actually did read it, doesn' sound as solid. When Mullen meets with him, I might feel a little better

3. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $619
    Ratings:
    +6,865 / -35
    Corral is a Gator. It will take insulting rejectful treatment by UF coaches to keep him away. Matt has hand-picked many of his offensive 2018 Gator teammates. Matty knows they'll be other QBs brought in, but I'm thinking he sees those guys as his backups, just like a confident take-charge leader should.

We've got other positions of need to get vexed over. Boy have we. Let's round up some vicious LBs & DTs, some steamroller OLs, some speedy and tall TEs & WRs.Also important, it's the right stretch to win over H.S. coaches for now and our future = show them we're not idiots anymore.

4. Alagator

Alagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +2,700 / -19
    You also compared it to the Eason situation and putting all our eggs in one basket... That's not how it went down at all. We already had Franks locked up... THEN Mac went after Eason when it looked like a flip was possible... Franks was not happy about it but at the end of the day Eason stuck with uga and we kept the guy we already had... Another words, we didn't put all our eggs in the Eason basket... We went after him IN ADDITION to Franks...

5. gatormandan

gatormandan Are we there yet?
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $538
    Ratings:
    +5,055 / -157
    The story about Mullen calling Corral cant be true. I heard on here that Mullen was shunning him and going after other QBs and he refused to even call him so the story they posted must be a lie. Mullen hates Corral. At least thats what I heard....

6. OurProgramIsBroken

OurProgramIsBroken Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $78
    Ratings:
    +121 / -0
    My source said Mullen would call Corral "soon"

7. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $2,517
    Ratings:
    +17,066 / -143
    He does hate him but beggars can't be choosers at this point. Tell him whatever you have to to get him committed.

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits Member

Oxbucks:
    $219
    Ratings:
    +664 / -15
    Have you not read the last 300 posts on him? Every time he says he is visiting Bama and now Ole Miss, everyone turns into how he's not a good fit, he's gone (oh well) ,etc......you can sense the sentiment that people are hoping for him to leave so they can directly blame Mullen

9. jdh5484

jdh5484 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $777
    Ratings:
    +2,375 / -32
    It sounds like Mullen isn't showing him the love. If Corral doesn't fit, Mullen should tell him. The kids been straight up with us as far as I know.

10. gatormandan

gatormandan Are we there yet?
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $538
    Ratings:
    +5,055 / -157
    Well, maybe you failed to read the part where Billy told Matt he was their guy and wants him in Gainesville. Sounds like they can build things around him...

11. CGgater

CGgater Gainesville Native

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / -22
    He’s already visited the UF campus- nothing left to see in Gville. Maybe he wants to visit other schools in case he and DM don’t hit it off? DM just needs to make an in home visit to help Corral decide solidify his decision.

My 2 cents.

12. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,250
    Ratings:
    +3,459 / -51
    He didn’t call him til after billy visited. Which was what about a week in? Pretty sure that’s exactly what everyone has said

13. jdh5484

jdh5484 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $777
    Ratings:
    +2,375 / -32
    I got that part .... but it sounds like (reading between the lines) that MULLEN hasn't shown him the love. They're supposed to meet soon, so maybe then Mullen with plant a big kiss on him!

14. Red D

Red D Member

Oxbucks:
    $42
    Ratings:
    +56 / -2
    Y'all pinning the future of Gator football on landing on Corral...just like Brantley, Driskel and most recently, Felipe. He may come, he may not. He may suck, he may get the next statue outside the stadium. Some perspective would be nice.

15. GatorShea

GatorShea Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $348
    Ratings:
    +417 / -10
    I sure don't want to pin the near future on Franks and whatever else we have right now. There are zero other QBs committed to UF right now and no indication yet that any of them will. A bird in the hand.....

16. CGgater

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / -22
    Nobody is holding you hostage here.

17. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,250
    Ratings:
    +3,459 / -51
    No, we need 2-3 in this class. 2-3 more next year and so forth. But if we get rid of corral that leaves us at nothing right now, because what we have is garbage. Keep Corral and go find some others to compete in the spring.

18. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $514
    Ratings:
    +627 / -38
    I read every one so must be interpreting them differently, but if you're trying to say that every one said that he's not a good fit then you're just making stuff up. Maybe I'm wrong, but I sense a lot of concern that mullen seems to be playing a very dangerous game. Almost like he thinks he could win with his dog at QB so he isn't concerned about losing Corral. I think there's also the secondary issue of this kind of supporting the idea that mullen values running ability about 1000x more than passing. I just don't get the lack of urgency to lock up your stud QB and leader of the class. Just to be 1000% clear, I don't hope he leaves.

19. CGgater

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / -22
    There’s two sides to this debate. There are several who have said Corral is not a good fit, while others believe/hope DM is willing to tweak the O to capitalize on Corral’s strengths. I think the Alex Smith comparison is a good one. I don’t recall Utah forcing him to be a bulldozer. However, I think DM was the QB coach back then, not the OC.

I’d like to see us get Corral and a second QB to develop (unless we hit the Lotto with Fields or similar skilled QB). With our current and incoming RBs (esp Pierce), I really hope DM will use the RB for the heavy hitting up the middle and let Corral run out in space while also working some vertical passing. A man can dream...

20. Sec14Gator

Sec14Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $17
    Ratings:
    +127 / -1
    The closest similarity I see to Corral is Baker Mayfield. Good scrambler, better playmaker. Very similar sizes in high school. Mayfield has since put on 15-20 lbs.

It does seem we are slow playing him (Mullen only called recently after Gonzalez visited, but already went in person to other qbs) and I think we will all regret it, regardless of offensive system, if he does not come to UF.