Del Rio goes on twitter rant (again)...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks!

Well, he has no prospect of future NFL employment, so ...
Well not as a player. I'm sure his daddy will find him a job. I doubt LDR has enough ambition to actually search for a job.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The kid seems to vent via twitter a lot of pent up emotions due to his subpar athletic abilities. The sooner he accepts the clipboard and starts his coaching career, the happier he should be, and I know many of us too

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The sooner he is out of Gainesville the better. You know Mac will be stupid enough to start him in Dallas, the twat will fold up like a tent.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
You can't leave this story at that. Do tell. What were you doing? How did it go down?

You wrote a lot about the backups even then, was that it?

We were at the Vandy game in Nashville. We got the tickets from friends in the program. When we were walking to the seats we noticed a woman a few seats from us yelling at someone. The other person walked away.

Later in the game Driskel was taking the snap near the goal line. Just before the snap I turned to a friend and said "fifty percent chance he fumbles." The woman near us turned and laid into my friend. She heard me and thought my friend had said it. She used every cuss word known to mankind and got right in his face. One of her friends had to pull her back. Then she told us she was his mom and was sick of Gators fans.

A few minutes later she leaned over and apologized. We apologized as well and we all got along for the rest of the game.

Same trip we met Kid Rock just off Broadway. He ran out into the road and tried to take a giant inflatable penis from a bride in a limo.

Nashville is a fun town.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
20121219__luke-del-rio~p1.jpg
c8f7a0be0ab9470295a0a5a2439fbca1.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm assuming LDR has trouble with math. Spreading the wealth? Did he notice how most athletic departments don't make money or just break even? Only a select few could actually afford to "spread the wealth." I hate this debate as there simply isn't enough money.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I would think Doug Johnson was the most hated. I was at UF at the time, and I never knew of anyone who liked him. I don't even know how many of his teammates liked him.
Doug was a douche but the same could be said for Driskel. I know that he wasn't well liked in the locker room either!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just leave Luke.......I mean it's not like you haven't packed your sh!t and left when things weren't going you're way before.....Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Most people greatly underestimate the true compensation college football players receive at D1 schools.

College football players get
  • free all expenses paid trips to the college during recruiting
  • preferential treatment and lower standards when applying to the college
  • tuition
  • meals
  • books and supplies
  • tutors
  • personal nutritionists
  • personal trainers
  • access to state of the art training facilities
  • access to players only lounges/game rooms
  • world class medical care
  • group basic medical insurance provided by the NCAA
  • catastrophic injury insurance provided by the NCAA
  • Exceptional Student-Athlete Disability Insurance Program provided by the NCAA
  • access to a variety of well trained and highly paid coaches to help them hone their skills (position coach, coordinator, head coach, etc.)
  • access to TV and other media exposure to help advertise their skills to potential employers
  • access to the NCAA Student-Athlete Opportunity Fund which will pay for the misc. expenses of an athlete such as street clothes (many schools allot athletes $500 to buy clothes anywhere they want)
  • travel expenses to visit home
  • parents travel expenses to events where an athlete is honored
  • a laptop or any other equipment they may need as a student and much more through access to the NCAA Special Assistance Funds which will pay for even more misc. expenses if an athlete is deemed to be in financial need
  • free on campus housing or an off campus housing stipend (the stipend allows athletes to legally pocket thousands in cash to spend any way they want)
  • away game stipends which can be in excess of $45 per day
  • bowl goody packages worth thousands of $
  • daily per diem in excess of $45 per day on any day an athlete is required to go to practice, banquet or any other event
  • the new true cost of scholarship stipend
....and the list goes on.

USA Today did a study that valued the average basketball D1 scholarship at $120,000 per year. That did not factor in much of what is listed above.

The vast majority of 17 year olds coming out of high school are not ready for the NFL. How much would they have to pay to be coached and break down film with Saban or Meyer 20 hours a week? How much would it cost to get 3 hours of TV time every Saturday in the Fall to advertise their skills?

The true value of the compensation package they are receiving is fairly close to priceless.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Mac needs to tell LDR to shut up. Here's perfect example of someone using a scholarship who doesn't actual need one.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would think Doug Johnson was the most hated. I was at UF at the time, and I never knew of anyone who liked him. I don't even know how many of his teammates liked him.
Had a class with him, the 3 times I saw him during the semester I wanted to throat punch him. Every other time I saw him was driving his SUV with the vanity plate "slinger" out of the stadium. Hated that guy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LDR's dad looks like he would have been a disciplinarian but its pretty obvious he has been coddled some when he was younger with how he acts.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel's mom cussed me and a friend out once. She turned out to be a fairly nice person once she calmed down. Never met her son.

Were those stories true about Muschamp basically promising his dad he would be the starter and that his why he kept starting him for so long no matter how poorly he played? Did you hear those rumors in your job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.